Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geor)
    I'm looking to do a chemistry degree in the future and thought it might be a good idea to get some work experience.
    However, I've heard that it can be incredibly difficult to get.

If you managed to get some work experience, I'd love to know how you got it and with which company/institution it was with.

Thanks
    I want to do chemistry, or biochemistry too, and whilst researching i found some good options, normally its not what you know its who you know. So ask your chemistry teachers if shes got any friends from uni that are now working for glaxosmith kline, or others.
    But if you go onto their website you can sign up for work experience, and do the same for other chemical engineering companies.

Because chemistry is such a broad subject its better to get a few from each sector, working in a lab at a hospital would be pretty good, so would working with a chemical engineer. Just keep looking.

Joe @JoeBaldwin_95

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.