Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello I am currently in sixth form studying maths biology chemistry and physics at AS level. I intend to drop physics after AS and continue the others onto A2.

I have been interested by dentistry but have my doubts because such a small amount of people get in and you need three A's. I would say I'm likely to get AAB.

Things I have looked into have been pharmacy which actually seems to be low payed careers considering the 4 year course and medical pharmacology but this just seems like a second choice to people opting for medicine.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If you are interested in dentistry maybe you could get a tutor to help you get AAA and if you can get some work experience and write a kickass personal statement you stand as good a chance as any But other than that you could look at the biomedical sciences, a biology or chemistry or physics degree, any type of engineering (chemical?) though I would assume that also would want AAA at most places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skittlesaremydrugs)
    If you are interested in dentistry maybe you could get a tutor to help you get AAA and if you can get some work experience and write a kickass personal statement you stand as good a chance as any But other than that you could look at the biomedical sciences, a biology or chemistry or physics degree, any type of engineering (chemical?) though I would assume that also would want AAA at most places.
    do you have any idea of how to get dental work exp? Thanks for that. What do you think if pharmacists salarys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenChard)
    do you have any idea of how to get dental work exp? Thanks for that. What do you think if pharmacists salarys?
    It tends to be a case of just phoning all surgeries nearby and exhausting any contacts you might have through family/friends. Pharmacists do quite well for themselves and you can make a good amount if you do pharmacology and are employed by one of the bigger company's

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.