Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do girls notice a guy's belt? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, not really tbh

ReputationRep:
    No I don't. Unless its one of those huge tacky ones

ReputationRep:
    I think it's like all little things...a good quality nice belt lifts up an outfit, a nasty one will bring it down but its not something I notice in particular as an individual item.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    definatley!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously tho- is this a real question?

ReputationRep:
    If you're dressing to impress a girl, you're already doing it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I remember one time when I was in school my belt snapped and I had to take it off in class and sellotape it back together... they noticed then.

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually notice belts, unless it's got a huge, tacky buckle - ugh Walowitz fashion

ReputationRep:
    nope. but if you're showing of your 'new' 'real' LV or Gucci belt...you're a loser...literally -___-
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Short Story Long)
    awks, typo.

But you made me re-evaluate my stance.

If it was really really cheap, then I probably notice it and care a little bit, not enough to think bad of the person though.
    This springs to mind

ReputationRep:
    God no. If heard/saw a guy talking about or showing off his expensive designer belt I'd think he was a total tit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukev)
    With my belly overhang nobody can see my belt, let alone judge it!
    Why wear a belt if your belly's already hanging over it, i think your trouser doesn't need a belt...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't notice unless the belt looked unusual... Or if a guy was wearing a belt but his trousers still managed to sag below his backside :hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they're wearing a plain, cheap fake leather belt or otherwise uninteresting belt then no I wouldn't notice it. If they're wearing a smart, good quality belt or one with an interesting belt buckle or pattern then yes I would because it would be eye catching.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely!!
    And big impressive ones, like Hermes, make a really good first impression!

ReputationRep:
    Unless it's coming off, or it's really bright/gharish, then I can't say I do

ReputationRep:
    Name:  gsp_ufc_title.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  87.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    I can safely say the only time I noticed a guys belt was because I was checking him out and he was turned round, and literally the only thing I noticed was that he was wearing one. That was the extent of my admiration or acknowledgement of the belt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    i think it was a figure of speech
    What she almost certainly meant to say she didn't, is the point

ReputationRep:
    I think so. I have quite an impressive collection of belt buckles and have had people comment on them many times.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.