Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

When should I start my revision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I am studying for my GCSEs and started revising about one month ago, for an hour to an hour and a half each day.
    I would really like some advice on how much I should be doing at this stage please!
    Thank you and I am grateful for any suggestions

ReputationRep:
    Start whenever you want. There's no such thing as starting too early, but obviously starting too late would not be so effective.

Doing some light revision now isn't a bad idea. The earlier you start, the better prepared you'll be.

ReputationRep:
    It's fairly obvious that we all know the answer, but tend to ask the question anyway. Start as early as possible, that way you don't have to increase the time you spend studying as the exams come closer.

ReputationRep:
    i have so much home work in an evening though how am i suppose to find time to revise for an hour every night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateAngel)
    Hello
    I am studying for my GCSEs and started revising about one month ago, for an hour to an hour and a half each day.
    I would really like some advice on how much I should be doing at this stage please!
    Thank you and I am grateful for any suggestions
    I started revising recently as well. Its only light revision - reading the textbook and making some notes, plus re-reading the texts for my English exams.

Although in Easter I'm planning to go into full intense revision, which will hopefully mean I can start doing papers halfway through April.

ReputationRep:
    Last year I didn't really start till Easter although I had some revision for the mocks earlier in the year

Honestly I wouldn't start too early just because you start to forget it all

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.