Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if this is possible

so my top 2 middle teeth are sort of rounded
    not majorly, but they definitely don't have straight edges unfortunately

could veneers sort this out? i'm thinking the dentist may have to chip some of the teeth off though so the veneer isn't too long as you'd see the rounded tooth behind the veneer if it's the same size!

or is there another way i could get the 2 teeth straight edged? maybe filed down or something? god i know nothing about teeth, i'm talking like i'm a rabbit or something! ha

thank you

x

ReputationRep:
    I had my 2 front middle teeth filed down as they were quite long. The dentist is only able to file a tiny amount as it weakens the tooth, so in my case I had to have veneers over the top.

Guessing you're situation will probably be the same unless the dentist can get away with just filing them a tiny bit, which is doubtful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOVE your teeth. Veneers are expensive and what will you do when hard times fall and so do your veneers?

ReputationRep:
    Go to your dentist and have a dental treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaeld2013)
    Go to your dentist and have a dental treatment.
    top advice right there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura1234567890)
    does anyone know if this is possible

so my top 2 middle teeth are sort of rounded
    not majorly, but they definitely don't have straight edges unfortunately

could veneers sort this out? i'm thinking the dentist may have to chip some of the teeth off though so the veneer isn't too long as you'd see the rounded tooth behind the veneer if it's the same size!

or is there another way i could get the 2 teeth straight edged? maybe filed down or something? god i know nothing about teeth, i'm talking like i'm a rabbit or something! ha

thank you

x
    Your teeth are fine, upper front teeth are naturally rounded down the sides..

I would not want veneers putting on my own teeth if that were my only concern as they degrade the integrity of the tooth underneath. They may last 10 years, and then you'll be in the 'restorative cycle' of needing root canals and crowns then in a few more years implants.

You might find a dentist who'd be wiling to put them on you but my advise would be to leave them be

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.