Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Taking my entry test for Computer Animation Arts in a week. I'm applying as an international student (from Sweden). The entry test (maths & Logic) should most likely be based on what you, British students, learn in your equivalent of high school.

I read somewhere that the logics test is based on algorithms? Is this correct? If so, what kind of algorithms do you learn in high school, and how advanced?
    Since our education systems are different, it would be nice to know what I'm up against to be able to prepare mentally.

EDIT: I'm not looking for specific details about the specific test, since I know that people who have taken the test are not supposed to talk about it. I'm just curious about what kind of maths (especially algorithms) that are taught in the British school system.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    For maths... just type GCSE maths into google (GCSE is the first qualification that we tend to get at the end of Secondary school). You'll find tons of sites willing to help. You should be able to get a good feel for what we learn, though, with it being maths, I suspect it won't be much different.

Can't help you with the logic test. I was never taught at school.

Got a conditional though so I must've done something right! XD

Good luck! C:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot!

Yeah found a lot of the GSCE stuff across the web, but very little information about what these algorithm-studies might be. Really nervous about the logic part..

ReputationRep:
    It can be quite confusing. I'm an EU student too and I passed the tests without preparing too much.

If you did fairly well at school you should be fine. You don't need a high maths score for CAA anyway, plus it's a multiple choice test. There's some basic trigonometry, some algebra.
    Have a look at this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/

The logic test is like a murder mystery... if all A's are B's, and all C's are D's, then can all B's be C's ? something along those lines. You can't really prepare for this test. Don't panic, read what you're asked and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Erm...lavinia94...did you read http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/anno...p?f=341&a=1196 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperRex)
    Erm...lavinia94...did you read http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/anno...p?f=341&a=1196 ?
    I might have crossed the line. I edited the post. Thanks.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.