Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

C2 January Maths 2013 Help - AQA (EVERYONE HELP PLEASE!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a mock exam on Thursday for maths core 2 (January 2013 paper) with AQA and I was wandering if anyone actually remembers what comes up and what doesn't, this is just so I can improve on my numerous mistakes, also can you give me some advice? Would really help and if you somehow remember questions word for word that would be amazing, if not then topic names would be great!

Also is the exam in general easy?

P.S Even if you contribute to just one question that would be amazing

thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Giving you the questions will ruin the point of the mock. you want to see how well you can do in the exam situation, here is my advice:

I think you should practise questions so you can do them in the allowed time quite comfortably, then in the real exam go through each question really carefully and slowely leaving plenty of space for potential mistakes. Then when you finish go through every question checking that your answer makes sense and redo each calculation to check you typed it into the calculator right.

Then if you still have time, check your answer is what the question wants (for example, in mechanics, the question might only be asking for a magnitude, so don't give your answer as a vector).

If you do all that hopefully you won't make any silly mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uzzzii894)
    I have a mock exam on Thursday for maths core 2 (January 2013 paper) with AQA and I was wandering if anyone actually remembers what comes up and what doesn't, this is just so I can improve on my numerous mistakes, also can you give me some advice? Would really help and if you somehow remember questions word for word that would be amazing, if not then topic names would be great!

thanks a lot!
    I remember the answer to the Sn question was 3720, there's a question about finding the obtuse angle but when you type sin-1x in to your calc you get an acute angle. All ou have to do is subtract this from 180 to get 123.6 degrees. Theres a coefficient of x question, which the answer is 30x^2.

PM me for the paper if you want it!

ReputationRep:
    As said above, no point in fishing for the questions and answers before the mock. It gives teachers and more importantly, yourself false information on what stage you're at.

Revise over the C2 topics, go through examsolutions and treat this mock as close to the real thing as possible.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uzzzii894)

thanks a lot!
    Who are you cheating? There can be no positive outcome from this course of action and the risk is you will end up with a lower examination grade than you are capable of in the summer.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.