The Student Room Group

AQA chemistry ISA Unit 3T Help!!!

I've got my chemistry Unit 3T ISA analysis test on titrations (HCL + washing soda) tommorow and I have been revising like hell on it but i still have no idea what questions will come up and what areas it covers! So anyone who has any idea please help!
Reply 1
a lot of how science work shiz will come up look that up from previous ISA papers :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by student_slasher
I've got my chemistry Unit 3T ISA analysis test on titrations (HCL + washing soda) tommorow and I have been revising like hell on it but i still have no idea what questions will come up and what areas it covers! So anyone who has any idea please help!

Not really my area to comment since i don't take the exam and never had. Anyway, isn't there a booklet/syllabus that they cannot test you beyond that? Surely, if there is, then you are barking at the wrong tree here. You should be referring to the syllabus scheme instead.

Knowing what questions come up exactly does not and will not help you in the long run, you see.:biggrin:
Reply 3
tbh, I do worse when I know what questions are coming up haha so prepare as much as you can for the basics.
I.e calculations- moles, mass, volume, conc, titration ones when working out the conc of the other solutioin
in addition, consider limitations, improvements, what you did to ensure results are reliable i.e repeat, what you did to ensure results are valid
also remember the meniscus - why do we measure from the bottom? a clue is something to do with surface tension :wink:
the purpose of decimal places and concordinate results
problems that could occur- if wrong conc is used to what we think is used, contamination etc
equipment used?
drawing a table-remember the units used, columns heading
graph- scaling, label axis, plotting points, units

good luck :smile:

for us, titration will be obtaining two cocordinate results (maybe 3) so you can work round this really :wink:
erm part 1 or 2 varies, oen year it was colour changes- i'd write as much as possible such as 'colour went from a brown SOLUTION to a red PRECIPTATE' must state solution/ppt etc
I had a neutralisation one so the temperature change or something -nt sure but remember to write it to 1 decimal place and that when drawing the table you do it the right way round and there should be a trend in your results.

when you come out, write down as much as possible and use your datato help you prepare for the actual paper afterwards i.e. control variables (and same as above)
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending