Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've recently been offered a place at Bath to study Psychology My offer is A*AA (Including Human Biology and Psychology).
    Thing is, my predicted grades on my application were
    A-Psychology
    B-Human Biology
    A- English Literature
    A-Sociology
    I know I can do well and potentially get an A* In sociology (I'm fast tracking and my first result for my AS in January was only 4 marks off 100%), and in psychology as well, as my AS grades were high As.
    However, after my January results, I now know that I cannot get an A in English Literature or, more importantly Human Biology- the human biology retake is on the same day as my unit 4 psychology exam, so I couldn't risk diverting my attention.
    However, my Extended Project predicted grade was an A, and I also put this on my application, so is it possible that this grade influenced Bath's decision to give me a place?
    Especially as they saw my UMS Grade points on my signed evidence of my grades, they must have known it was highly improbable for me to get an A overall in Human Biology?
    I just wondered if anyone knew how 'near miss' offers work, and whether doing well in my EPQ would really make a difference to my entrance. :/

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    i hope so dude

ReputationRep:
    There was someone in the year above me who missed their entry grades by one grade in one subject, but they got an A in their extended project and were accepted because of it - so it can really make a difference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassgrazers01)
    There was someone in the year above me who missed their entry grades by one grade in one subject, but they got an A in their extended project and were accepted because of it - so it can really make a difference!
    Do you know where that person applied for? :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayahpross)
    Do you know where that person applied for? :3
    Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    Hey

My best friend needed A* AA for engineering at Bath.

He ended up with AABC but had an A* in his extended project which was engineering related. He's sure the only reason he got in was because of his extended project grade.

I know it's a different subject, but I hope that helps.
    Also, it doesn't hurt just picking up the phone to Bath admissions and talking to them about it!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.