The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Operating Department practitioner 2013

Hello, I'm in at Coventry Uni ODP 2013! :smile: soooo excited!
I'm a mature student at 40 :tongue:
anyone else starting sept 2013?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there iv applied as a mature student through extra a couple of weeks ago not heard back yet, Congratulations on your place :smile: thats brilliant. What was the interview like? Anything I can prepare for?
Im very nervous, Sarah-Jane
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi sarah-jane...hope you hear soon and get an interview...I know its hard but try not to be nervous...just keep telling yourself this is your chance to shine and make sure they remember you. I relaxed a bit when i'd done the tests for maths and english :rolleyes:
As for the group discussion...it was fine, lots of topics discussed and some of it flowed from one to another so I don't think all topics are planned if you know what I mean. x
Reply 3
Well if all goes as planned ill see you there in September :smile: if not ill keep trying, I think ill feel like I atleast have a chance if I get to the interview stage, im good at talking ill just have to make sure its relevent lol Sarah x
Reply 4
Exactly...if you get an interview then you know you've met all the entry requirements and have as much chance as anyone else...hope you get some good news soon x
Congrats OP :smile:

I have a question for you guys who have got onto/are applying for operating department practitioner places... what are your previous qualifications? Did you get on having done an access course or other qualification? Just wondered as this is a course I am considering doing in the future! I have looked at a few university websites that do ODP courses but they seem slightly vague to me! I have been accepted on a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in health and social care but I am concerned this qualification might not get me a place on an ODP course in the future!

Thank you!

:biggrin:
Reply 6
Hi there,

Got through the numeracy and literacy tests, the interview and have been offered a place which is great.

Just wondering if any one has any examples of the kind of course work we will be looking at.

Bit long in the tooth so keen to understand what I've 'really' let myself in for!!??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hello Moonbrains! Entry requirements vary depending on which university you are applying to. I'm pretty sure I was accepted at Coventry not because of qualifications but I have loads of experience (theatres included). It really does count for something so I would advise doing some bank work in a hospital...good luck with your course and future plans x
Reply 8
Hello RWP1214! Congratulations on your offer...have you accepted Coventry?....I'm a mature student and haven't really any experience of university level study but...I'm just gonna go for it and do my best. There's a taster day coming up and I can't wait to go and find out so much more...I have a thousand questions! :smile:
Original post by Jules x
Hello Moonbrains! Entry requirements vary depending on which university you are applying to. I'm pretty sure I was accepted at Coventry not because of qualifications but I have loads of experience (theatres included). It really does count for something so I would advise doing some bank work in a hospital...good luck with your course and future plans x

Thank you for your advice :smile:

Struggling to find hospital work in my area as I have not previously worked in health care (only event first aid) and most posts expect at least 6 months previous experience without qualifications but the good thing about the BTEC Im doing is you get to do lot's of placements! In year 1 you get given placements working with the elderly in a care setting and in year 2 you get to pick yourself so i'll be pushing big time for theatre experience!

Best of luck to you!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Thanks Jules, unfortunately not at Coventry but I hear it's very good there.

Haven't been this nervous for a long time but you're right, no point worrying just enjoy the opportunity now it's here

How is your prep going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi Jules,
Im in your cohort. :-) so excited for sept. Cov seems like such a fantastic uni and everyone was lovely on the taster day. Just cant wait to get started now. Are you going to the BBQ on the 7th Aug? I am. Hopefully see you there. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
P.s we need a facebook group. Not sure if we have one already but cant find it if we have :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Bonnie! hello lovely...I remember you from the taster day, I agree everyone was lovely and I can't wait to start now either. We really do need a facebook group do you want to start one? If you do, let me know and i'll look out for it. If you want to add me on facebook its Julie Dawes ([email protected]) xx
Reply 14
Hi hun. I have created one. I did it the other day and im still the only member. Lol. Search for coventry university odp 2013 entry and it should come up. :-) if u cant find it ill send u the link. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Have tried lookimg for you on Facebook but there are lots of julie dawes and cant see the pictures properly. :-/ im bonnie vowles. See if u can search for me instead. :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I can't find you either :frown: or the group...please send me the link xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
This is it. Hope it works. If not join the coventry uni page and I posted in there so I'll be there. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Can't find anything :frown: use my email above to search for me x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest