Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to get a guy to come and talk to you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A guy gets on my bus regularly, and he's always staring at me. I'm way too shy to ever go up and talk to him, so how do I signal its okay for him to come over?

I smiled at him the other day, and he seemed quite surprised and smiled back and then stared at me until I got off the bus :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Give him the old 3 second stare. Long enough to let him know you're interested and open to approach, not long enough to look weird. If he doesn't approach you then he's missed the boat, simples.

ReputationRep:
    I bet that made your day well, signals include looking, smiling at him etc - So, if a girl was doing that to me I would start talking to her! next time he comes on I think you should say hello, and maybe start a conversation - don't just wait for him!! or at least make it a little sneaky by saying "did you see a phone next to you, I think I lost it the other day where you were sitting?" - anything to make conversation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring Medic 7)
    I'm way too shy to ever go up and talk to him, so how do I signal its okay for him to come over?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe he's 'too shy' as well and is just waiting for you to go up to him even if he thinks you're interested? What the point in waiting for him to approach you and potentially missing out on something?

I'd suggest just going up to him yourself. By the sounds of things it hardly seems like he's going to tell you to go away.

Do it yourself? Why should the man always have to initiate the first move?

ReputationRep:
    He sounds pretty shy himself

ReputationRep:
    Go commando and legs akimbo:cool:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Just go up to him and ask him anything, if he likes you then he will be more than welcoming to your questions or you could "drop" a pen in his direction.

ReputationRep:
    1) Place your bag on the seat next to you so that noone else can take it.

2) As he is getting on the bus move your bag in an obvious fashion so that he is fully aware, then look at him and smile.

3) If he sits next to you it should be plain sailing, just say hi and go on from there. If he doesn't, it isn't because he is 'too shy' but because he is clearly a raging homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    take your top off

ReputationRep:
    Sit next to him and grab his kn**. Should get a few words out of him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.