Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    basically, I have always played the piano and I feel my parents have never truly been supportive of me - I look at my music teachers family and it is so different, he takes her to concerts gets her to play in the local community and lets her practice as much as she want no less. In the holidays my dad donated my piano to the local school without even telling me, so I haven't really been able to practice properly and it gets me so so down, piano was my only escape, it's like they don't even want me here?- I have to go on this cruddy piano at college which is always out of tune I'm supposed to be studying for a music degree after A-levels and I need to practice - and practice/record for my a level performance, how the heck am I supposed to do that? They just don't care. what would you say is more important: your son in need of practice, or a school that does not even use the piano - well you can see what they thought...

My parents never support or help me unless I get so upset or go on about it asking them constantly...when I'm a dad I will make sure I'm always there for my kids and support them through life!!!

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think that speaking to your parents would be the best idea and building a healthier relationship with them. Maybe even ask for your piano back.

ReputationRep:
    go tell them all this in a mature manner. They seem to respect you moreif you don't get in a hissy fit i find. Make them understand. Maybe they'll even get it back, or buy you another one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feathermoon)
    I honestly think that speaking to your parents would be the best idea and building a healthier relationship with them. Maybe even ask for your piano back.
    I have asked for my piano back, but as they donated it they won't :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    I have asked for my piano back, but as they donated it they won't :P
    Did you ask them why they got your piano donated? Maybe if u speak to them about it you will get an idea about how they feel, i know this will be hard but you will have to pluck up the courage. Do you have any siblings that are treated similarly?

ReputationRep:
    Did you ask them why they got your piano donated? Maybe if u speak to them about it you will get an idea about how they feel, i know this will be hard but you will have to pluck up the courage. Do you have any siblings that are treated similarly?

Well, he moved me out the house during the summer to stay at my mums and basically got rid of all my stuff! now I am back because of issues living with my mum I don't feel I have anything...no, I am the family scape goat! always have been! I will talk to him when he gets back at nine, I know he won't, but its worth a shot!

ReputationRep:
    Well, he moved me out the house during the summer to stay at my mums and basically got rid of all my stuff! now I am back because of issues living with my mum I don't feel I have anything...no, I am the family scape goat! always have been! I will talk to him when he gets back at nine, I know he won't, but its worth a shot!
    Yeah i see how it is, you dont have a stable location with ur dad and therfore maybe he doesnt know you too well yet instead of you thinking that he doesnt care. Speaking to him will definitely be the best option so good luck and tell me how it goes

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i see how it is, you dont have a stable location with ur dad and therfore maybe he doesnt know you too well yet instead of you thinking that he doesnt care. Speaking to him will definitely be the best option so good luck and tell me how it goes

I will message you thank you

ReputationRep:
    I will message you thank you
    Its okay, glad i could help And make sure you remember too

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.