Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Best Chinese Food Dishes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be ordering a chinese with a friend before we do a study tonight and I was wondering what you think are the best dishes to have? I've ordered beef with blackbean sauce in the past which was fantastic and had dumplings although I'll be cooking them since we have loads in the freezer

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love crispy duck pancakes with hoisin sauce

ReputationRep:
    Beef and blackbean is amazing, must agree. Crispy duck with plum sauce, chow mein, prawn crackers...can you tell I love Chinese?

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I find top quality is their special fried rice. The curries they serve are nice too. But 99% of the menu doesn't interest me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzykinks)
    Beef and blackbean is amazing, must agree. Crispy duck with plum sauce, chow mein, prawn crackers...can you tell I love Chinese?
    Agree on the beef and black bean sauce but it's imperative that the quality of the beef is very good otherwise it's crap.

Can't go wrong with chicken curry in my opinion. There's a big Chinese supermarket near to where I live and all the takeaways buy their stock from there. I buy pots of really thick curry paste (more like wax, you mix it with water) then fry diced chicken breast, mushrooms and chopped onions and add. Delicious. That's off topic though sorry.

Spring rolls are good as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am strictly in the against of Chinese it carries so many chemical ingredients. It also cause health damages like stone and frequent vomiting...

ReputationRep:
    A number 6, number 12 and number 44 are normally the best.

Oh and you guys have to try a number 34. Man, those noodles are amazing!

ReputationRep:
    I love Ho Fun but not many places offer this noodle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    I love Ho Fun but not many places offer this noodle.
    Takeaways are less likely to have it, because it has to be kept fresh. If you go to restaurants, then you're more likely to find some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshmun)
    I'm going to be ordering a chinese with a friend before we do a study tonight and I was wondering what you think are the best dishes to have? I've ordered beef with blackbean sauce in the past which was fantastic and had dumplings although I'll be cooking them since we have loads in the freezer
    Don't get anything, find a good Indian takeaway instead.

ReputationRep:
    Lemon chicken

And the aromatic duck pancakes of course - if some sort of heaven does exist, my particular one will be filled with lemon chicken,duck pancakes and tons of hoisin sauce :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunoichi)
    Lemon chicken

And the aromatic duck pancakes of course - if some sort of heaven does exist, my particular one will be filled with lemon chicken,duck pancakes and tons of hoisin sauce :coma:
    That just sounds delicious!

ReputationRep:
    Anything in black bean sauce

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.