Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please give me a brief overview of the numeracy test for the London College of Fashion Buying and Merchandising interview? (subjects it covers, difficulty and perhaps an example of a question?) It's my dream school and I really don't want to screw up my chances by messing up on the maths

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I took the numeracy test in June of 2012 so it may have changed since then, but this is what I had.

There are 10 questions with multiple parts each and I was given 20 minutes to answer all of them (this was the e-mailed test since I'm international; if you take it in person it might be different.)

You'll have to know how to do basic decimal places, calculate area, percentages, markups, markdowns, ratios, exchange rates (they give you the rate and you have to calculate it) and profit margins.

Basically, brush up on your percentages/fractions/ratios and try to do fairly complex multi-part problems if you can.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Dear Marlinchen, can you please help on interview questions for the same course? I also have applied to LCF for the Fashion B&M, and I am also international. I passed the numeracy and writing test, and they sent me confirmation on the telephone interview. I am a bit worried, as English is not my native language, and I would like to prepare beforehand. Should I be worried about the interview?

Many thanks in advance,
    Aida

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivstevens)
    Can anyone please give me a brief overview of the numeracy test for the London College of Fashion Buying and Merchandising interview? (subjects it covers, difficulty and perhaps an example of a question?) It's my dream school and I really don't want to screw up my chances by messing up on the maths

hie my name is Flo, i have also applied for the same course, did yo can a place, m also worried about numeracy test, i have no clue what to expect.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.