Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've got an English Literature Aspects of Narrative exam coming up in two months (AQA). We're currently doing these texts:
    The Road (Completed)
    The Great Gatsby (Completed)
    Poetry - Christina Rossetti
    Poetry - Alfred Tennyson

And, of course, we've completed the coursework (on Twelfth Night and The Importance of Being Earnest.)

I'm going to be doing practice papers, and looking at model answers for the questions. I'll also go through the texts collect various narrative techniques (although, we've been doing this in class, too!) on a document so I can revise from it.
    (For those that don't know:
    Two sections:
    Section A - Part a) Narrative technique (two questions) /21
    - Part b) Your opinions on a given statement /21
    Section B - Compare three texts /42)

Have you got tips on how I should prepare?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Do as much extra reading as you can.
    Obviously know the course content first but if you can give your own opinion and then an opinion from say a feminist point of view (this depends on the poetry topics) you'll get more marks. So go find some alternate opinions on the examined literature.
    This will also be good practice for A level.
    Don't worry just read and practice writing answers in note form.
    Don't right out a full essay all the time it'll take too long.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reedA93)
    Do as much extra reading as you can.
    Obviously know the course content first but if you can give your own opinion and then an opinion from say a feminist point of view (this depends on the poetry topics) you'll get more marks. So go find some alternate opinions on the examined literature.
    This will also be good practice for A level.
    Don't worry just read and practice writing answers in note form.
    Don't right out a full essay all the time it'll take too long.
    Good luck!
    Thanks! Any other suggestions?
    I will do some exam papers, since timing will be essential during the real exam!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also revising for this paper, and it will be my third time doing it this summer!

I got a low B last year when I first sat it, but because I'm aiming for an A I decided to resit it in January. However, this exam went worse and I got a C!

I badly need an A in order to meet my uni offers, so I would be grateful if anyone could help!

The texts I am studying are:

Great Expectations, Tennyson poetry, Keats poetry and The God of Small Things.

I've been doing Great Expectations for section A but I might change since it doesnt seem to be going well for me! Does anyone have any model answers on any of these texts? Also, if anyone has done GE for section A I'd be grateful for some advice!

Thanks

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.