Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to invest student loan Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob10170249)
    Hi,
    I have got a maintenence loan of 2000. However I have not touched this as I have a part time job which just about covers all of my expenditure.
    What would be the best way to invest this to make more from it?
    I have looked at matched betting/arbs can anyone link me to a free website that automates arb betting? If there is one?
    Or any other ways I could make money with it?
    get an ISA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydzz)
    if you dont understand stocks, dont trade. make sure you know your stuff before you end up throwing money away.. also the return for stocks can be disappointing
    understand stocks lol

its funny how people here try to differentiate it from gambling

only longg term stock investment is bound to work and by that i mean 3+ years or even better, 5+ years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob10170249)
    Hi,
    I have got a maintenence loan of 2000. However I have not touched this as I have a part time job which just about covers all of my expenditure.
    What would be the best way to invest this to make more from it?
    I have looked at matched betting/arbs can anyone link me to a free website that automates arb betting? If there is one?
    Or any other ways I could make money with it?
    Why take a loan when you can already cover your expenditure?
    Don't forget you have to pay it back, so use it wisely! :cool:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.