The Student Room Group

OCR A2 LAW G153 Criminal Law 1 - June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by und3niable_
Remember that DR and loss of control are defences and have never been asked as a Section A question before. Saying that, duress is due to come up as a general defence and I have crazily crammed it just in case :biggrin:

They did come up together as a section A in January 2012:
"Discuss the extent to which recent reforms to murder I the Coroners and Justice Act 2009 are a change for the better but have not satisfied those who campaigned for change."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do people think that Theft, Robbery and Burglary will be a Section B or just theft on it's own? I'm not sure seeing as the last 2 papers have had section B Theft,Robbery and Burglary combined :s-smilie:
Reply 222
What other exams has everyone got
Does anybody have any tips on how to include AO2?
I'm perfectly well writing about key principles of the law and including relevant cases, but I never know what AO2 to write about. Especially for Q1 essays :frown:
Reply 224
Original post by feelinginfinite
Does anybody have any tips on how to include AO2?
I'm perfectly well writing about key principles of the law and including relevant cases, but I never know what AO2 to write about. Especially for Q1 essays :frown:

Ok i will give you an example and will use the causation essay as it is one of the more likely essays to come up:

To establish criminal liability must be proven D was factual cause like in the case of white (cyanide case). AO2: simple and easy to understand for jury

Another point:
Causation in Law there are 3 tests...morally responsible , accelerate death etc..
AO2: there are different tests which leads to inconsistency depending on what test judge uses and conflicts with rule of law

It is best to build it in like this but at the end i will still do more AO2 if i have time

e.g. Good points: courts hold D who factual cause liable
Causation protects those with eggshell conidtions etc

Bad points: Law developed many tests -inconsistency/confusing
Reluctance to remove causation etc

[This is very brief]

Also depends on what the question is determines you ao2 im talkin about the question that ask: causation fundament.... with out its problems something like that was the Question
Original post by BooWoodcock
They did come up together as a section A in January 2012:
"Discuss the extent to which recent reforms to murder I the Coroners and Justice Act 2009 are a change for the better but have not satisfied those who campaigned for change."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting..duress it is then!
Reply 226
Interesting..duress it is then!

Duress and intoxication!
Original post by qr95
Duress and intoxication!

Intoxication was last Jan wasn't it? Duress hasn't been up in a while and we all know everyone would prefer it..has more AO2 points and application
Hey guys, my teacher was saying you can write in bullet point form for the question from section C, is this true?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 229
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Hey guys, my teacher was saying you can write in bullet point form for the question from section C, is this true?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you have to write it in bullet points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 230
Intoxication was last Jan wasn't it? Duress hasn't been up in a while and we all know everyone would prefer it..has more AO2 points and application

Intoxication wasnt on last jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh...yeah. Here's hoping it doesn't come up though! I really have noted all the topics and years wrongly! :confused:
Original post by qr95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 233
Original post by qr95

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to write it in bullet point, it can be a paragraph.. However bullet points are more effective as they save time.. A good strategy would be do dilemma boards first (15 minutes) problem question 2nd (40-45 minutes) and 1 hour for the problem question as its the hardest on the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh...yeah. Here's hoping it doesn't come up though! I really have noted all the topics and years wrongly! :confused:

Wait, are you talking about January 2012? Just because intoxication did come up then (and June 2012), but it was joined both times in a question with duress+self defence too as a Q2... Just checking, there's no way they could put duress+intoxication as Q1 together could they? Since there would be way too much to write about...
Reply 235
Wait, are you talking about January 2012? Just because intoxication did come up then (and June 2012), but it was joined both times in a question with duress+self defence too as a Q2... Just checking, there's no way they could put duress+intoxication as Q1 together could they? Since there would be way too much to write about...

I meant revise them both as either one of them can come up as an essay
Original post by fats_12
You don't have to write it in bullet point, it can be a paragraph.. However bullet points are more effective as they save time.. A good strategy would be do dilemma boards first (15 minutes) problem question 2nd (40-45 minutes) and 1 hour for the problem question as its the hardest on the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Il do this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and it came up in Jan this year as a defence to murder in question 2. It seems all too common. I'm just really solidly revising duress anyway!
Reply 238
Yeah and it came up in Jan this year as a defence to murder in question 2. It seems all too common. I'm just really solidly revising duress anyway!

Q2 is different to Q1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have the markscheme for January 2013's paper? :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending