Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Yes very likely and people have been sayinh theft is the special study next year so its even more likely can anyone show me something official to prove its the special study next year

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I personally don't have any evidence, and OCR don't advertise the special study online. However, I do know that special study booklets are released every May of the previous year (that's when we got ours last year), so if someone on here has said that then it's likely to be true if their college has handed out booklets already (since it's now the end of May). Sorry for not being able to help more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maerim)
    Shall I do omissions for Section A, would you recommend doing so? :confused: Or will I be fine with those?
    Intention has come up more recently compared to omission so that is more likely and easiar to learn but the topics your revising is enough

That's why im revising tht instead of intention

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is almost every case that you need for the questions that will come up, with the obvious exceptions of Strict Liability, Insanity and Automatism
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx every law case.docx (20.9 KB, 173 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtisblackham)
    Insanity and automatism came up in January 2013 in section C why would it be so likely to reappear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Special study always reappears in g153 and it will b a dillema board as its highly unlikely they will put it as section b coz that's 50 easy marks as it will b to similar as g154 paper like last year attempts was special study and it came up twice as dilemma board

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N1037)
    This is almost every case that you need for the questions that will come up, with the obvious exceptions of Strict Liability, Insanity and Automatism
    Thanks , very useful

ReputationRep:
    How many sides of A4 does everyone think is doable in timed conditions for section A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sazzle11)
    How many sides of A4 does everyone think is doable in timed conditions for section A?
    About 3-4 sides I reckon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The topics I'm leaving out are

Intention
    Strict liability
    Murder
    Involuntary/voluntary manslaughter
    Consent
    Self defence
    Partial defences (diminished responsibility)

Do you think I'll be alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)

Intention
    Strict liability
    Murder
    Consent
    Self defence

Completely leaving out? Bit risky if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm now feeling confident on all OAPA, SL, omissions, Attempts, duress, Actus Reus & Intoxication. Going to nail manslaughter tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    For section A iv covered alot including the defences one of them are bound to come up

Section B : non fatal n property come up frequently

Section C : defo insanity automatism

Are u learning everything? I don't have time to learn it all got other exams as well, wish there was a chance to resit this paper lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    For section A iv covered alot including the defences one of them are bound to come up

Section B : non fatal n property come up frequently

Section C : defo insanity automatism

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm leaving out insanity & Automatism, but i can't argue with that i suppose.
    My only doubt with that kind of approach is if you get a realllllllllly mean question with one of the topics so you're limited in what you can answer, but then another question is really nice but you havent revised the topic.. if you follow me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    My only doubt with that kind of approach is if you get a realllllllllly mean question with one of the topics so you're limited in what you can answer, but then another question is really nice but you havent revised the topic.. if you follow me.
    Im goin over insanity an automatism since its almost guranteed to be a dilemma board, easy marks to be gained there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Yh I understand but why u leaving insanity and automatism out...did u also get top marks in other units coz most ppl iv asked are going for a*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Yh I understand but why u leaving insanity and automatism out...did u also get top marks in other units coz most ppl iv asked are going for a*
    I've not done as well as i would have liked, i need to resit the insanity & Automatism unit so perhaps it would make sense to revise it for a secion C but i've not really put it into a schedule.

I need 90ums for an A, providing i don't improve my mark on the resit. What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    I've not done as well as i would have liked, i need to resit the insanity & Automatism unit so perhaps it would make sense to revise it for a secion C but i've not really put it into a schedule.

I need 90ums for an A, providing i don't improve my mark on the resit. What about yourself?
    I need around 110 for an A lol but im going for a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)

Intention
    Strict liability
    Murder
    Consent
    Self defence

(Original post by JLXP)
    I have to say, these are the topics I'm leaving out too. I'm not "completely" leaving them out (I pay attention in class so I do know relevant cases - it's just that I wouldn't answer a Q1/Q2 on any of those topics individually)

Plus predictions hint that they're less likely to come up- I'm focussing on duress+intoxication+causation+om issions+attempts for Q1 (knowing those AO2 in detail), focussing on non fatal OAP+theft for Q2 (they're such big topics that surely one of them must come up), and focussing on non fatal OAP+insanity auto for Q3

ReputationRep:
    http://m.youtube.com/user/NeilPowell100

Take a look at some of his vids if ur unsure about anything

ReputationRep:
    I am actually so scared for this exam, I keep revising and yet forgetting everything! I have to say I am better at revising a few days before the exam, maybe because I work best under pressure but I still have to go over them now so I don't cram crazily. :confused: And I can't afford a low grade, I need an A!:eek: Somebody pray for me

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/carolwithey?feature=watch

Guys, I hope this helps you.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.