Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Jesus you're all making me nervous, time to start revising...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonsterMorris)
    Thank you I would love duress. I like the A02, but some A02 is really dull. I've not started theft or robbery problems they look awful. Is it possible that they could ask a robbery/burglary essay? I have never seen one.
    January 2010 they asked if the word "appropriation" needed reforming or something... Then in January 2012 theft came up again in one way or another. The ao2 is meant to be really hard to gain on Q1 theft so I'm only learning the ao1 and using it for Q2 application... If theft comes up for Q1, I know I would never choose it since surely ONE of our other easier predictions would come up (duress / attempts / causation / omissions) since they're all overdue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Same college, Hollaaa.
    What predictions has ur teacher made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Same college, Hollaaa.
    Haha I just noticed on your bio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.Holly226)
    Haha I just noticed on your bio
    :beer:
    Small world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    :beer:
    Small world.
    I know! Whose law class are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.Holly226)
    I know! Whose law class are you in?
    I'm with Laura! Are you with Emma?

ReputationRep:
    Lord dennings my law teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    What predictions has ur teacher made
    Argh can't remember matey, sorry. I'm not going off predictions, chances are i'll always be disappointed!

ReputationRep:
    Is it difficult to get 40+ on the essays?
    Question 1 is relatively easy to get 40+, I was consistently on 42 this entire year and only stretching to 44 once

Question 2..not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    I'm with Laura! Are you with Emma?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said these were the most likely Section A essays so I wrote them out. Just wanted some feedback
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Attempts Essay.docx (18.5 KB, 245 views)
  2. File Type: docx Causation Essay.docx (18.9 KB, 474 views)
  3. File Type: docx Duress Essay.docx (18.7 KB, 693 views)
  4. File Type: docx Intention and Recklessness Essay.docx (19.0 KB, 2254 views)
  5. File Type: docx Robbery and Burglary Essay.docx (20.6 KB, 452 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben1695)
    My teacher said these were the most likely Section A essays so I wrote them out. Just wanted some feedback
    Not recklessness plz no!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Not recklessness plz no!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know personally I hate the topic but my teacher was convinced its a possibility to join it with intention

ReputationRep:
    I know personally I hate the topic but my teacher was convinced its a possibility to join it with intention
    wats his predictions for section B and C

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    wats his predictions for section B and C

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Section B: Theft, DR and LoC, Assaults with defences especially insanity and automatism Section C: Insanity and Automatism, SL and assaults. But they weren't 100% sure for dilemma boards but quite certain on Section A and B

ReputationRep:
    I have also had a feeling mens rea with recklessness might come up, it's only been on once, it's usually with murder instead. I would be quite happy with this, it's basically just going through Moloney, Hancock and Shankland, Nedrick etc.

ReputationRep:
    I have also had a feeling mens rea with recklessness might come up, it's only been on once, it's usually with murder instead. I would be quite happy with this, it's basically just going through Moloney, Hancock and Shankland, Nedrick etc.
    What topics have you predicted to come up and are you managing to revise everything? I'm just struggling to remember everything especially when it is only a week to the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got the attachment button working! Would somebody mind giving me feedback for this Q1 Intoxication essay? It's one of my worst topics so I'm struggling to think of AO2's to put in the essay... Could anybody advise me on some more ao2's to include please?
    Attached Files
  6. File Type: docx Intoxication 10 11.docx (13.4 KB, 388 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelinginfinite)
    Finally got the attachment button working! Would somebody mind giving me feedback for this Q1 Intoxication essay? It's one of my worst topics so I'm struggling to think of AO2's to put in the essay... Could anybody advise me on some more ao2's to include please?

Your essay was okay, needed some more AO2...

Kingston

Verdict was good- It means that he was found guilty so justice is achieved. If intoxication had negated the mens rea then this would present an "easy route to impunity" (Andrew Ashworth)
    BUT Clarkson (I can't remember her first name) believes that "punishment is inappropriate" in the case of Kingston as he was the victim. It is not fair to punish him when he was not morally blameworthy.

Majewski

Janet Loveless argues that the Majewski rule is contrary to the principles of criminal liability; it ignores the concept of contemporaneity (that the Actus Reus and Mens Rea must occur at the same time). Usually, the recklessness in becoming intoxicated would occur before the offence is actually committed.

I think these are the two main cases for intoxication

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.