Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    We have been told to prepare essays on consent, intoxication, duress, attempts, robbery and burglary, intention and recklessness, and causation. Is this the same as anyone else's predictions. I'm really struggling on learning intention and recklessness. Would I be ok to leave this out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtisblackham)
    Yeah economics unit 3 did you do it? And yeah I'm on 260/280 UMS currently so need 60 in this paper for an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh i did unit 3 thts gd ums
    I got C in AS
    Now unit 4 left

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is likey for question2 ...

ReputationRep:
    Literally only have time to go over about 4 topics. Hope that makes you all feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frazzlez)
    Literally only have time to go over about 4 topics. Hope that makes you all feel better
    Theft, robbery, burglary, OAPA and DR/LoC for section b

ReputationRep:
    DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXAMPLE ESSAY FOR THEFT SECTION B LOL?
    I KNOW THE STUFF. JUST WANT TO SEE A GOOD EXAMPLE.also one on consent would be nice

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone any firm predictions?
    I'm going for causation, attempts and duress for the essay.
    IVM/Non-Fatals in B?
    And murder/attempts/defences for C

I'm nervous! Toooo much content :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way we can get hold of the mark scheme for January 2013 exam? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alypa)
    Has anyone any firm predictions?
    I'm going for causation, attempts and duress for the essay.
    IVM/Non-Fatals in B?
    And murder/attempts/defences for C

I'm nervous! Toooo much content :unimpressed:
    Im feeling the same but I think theft will be a q2 with q3 being burglary since theft is special study next yr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A sheesh)
    Im feeling the same but I think theft will be a q2 with q3 being burglary since theft is special study next yr
    Theft isn't the special study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Theft isn't the special study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is I got told by my cousin in yr 12 her teacher told them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A sheesh)
    It is I got told by my cousin in yr 12 her teacher told them
    My teacher must have it wrong then he thought it was OAP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imog)
    Have a look at my previous post
    Thanks so much! (So happy I didn't do that exam!)

ReputationRep:
    my teacher must have it wrong then he thought it was oap

posted from tsr mobile

oap always comes up.

Your predictions are fine :d

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone surprised how easy section C is? When I first heard that the last question would be 20 marks I still thought a lot of writing would be required, but with the four separate statements and being able to write in bullet points, its pretty easy to get close to the full 20 marks.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to revise theres too much I can't learn the cases they just don't stick in my head

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelinginfinite)
    I've never seen one which doesn't include one of the sections. OCR are meant to allow us to show as much knowledge as possible in the exam, so they should include all sections (s39 assault battery + s47 ABH + s20 GBH + s18 GBH). If it did happen, I would still include all definitions to gain maximum ao1 marks.

I would go along the lines of "GBH section 20 requires the D to inflict GBH or a wound. However, since the injury was not intended to inflict GBH or a wound, and was simply a result of the battery, this would only be ABH s47 since it still inteferes with health and comfort". So I would basically still state the AO1 for GBH, but then say the person in the scenario wouldn't be guilty of that for whatever reason

ok thanks thats what i thought, but my teacher got angry at us for actually writing it down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Is anyone surprised how easy section C is? When I first heard that the last question would be 20 marks I still thought a lot of writing would be required, but with the four separate statements and being able to write in bullet points, its pretty easy to get close to the full 20 marks.
    Apparently it was added to give lower ability students a chance at earning some marks.

ReputationRep:
    How important is it to know case dates? I'm ok with learning case names, but case dates I seem to forget!

ReputationRep:
    This topic is absolutely huge and my internet is so slow.

Are there any essay plans on here?

And also, what are the tips for topics likely to come up?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.