The Student Room Group

OCR A2 LAW G153 Criminal Law 1 - June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by SAhmed95
How important is it to know case dates? I'm ok with learning case names, but case dates I seem to forget!

I never write the dates lol can't even learn the case names

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok it seems these are the likely topics.
pQ1 duress,intoxication,attempts,causation
Q2 IMO theft oap, iv manslaughter
Q3 automatism/insanity burglary and robbery
How important is it to know case dates? I'm ok with learning case names, but case dates I seem to forget!

I've never wrote the dates of cases and have 90% in each unit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Cud someone clarify this please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JLXP
Do correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't burglary traspass with an intent to commit an ulterior offence in s9(2) - theft, Gbh, criminal damage?
I.e you can still be guilty of burglary without stealing anything.

Thats true, I should of explained myself more. The point I was trying to make was you may still need to talk about theft when talking about burglary- if D steals something. If D was inflicting GBH talk about that area of law and the same with criminal damage.
Sorry for any confusion.
Original post by ArsenalWenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never wrote the dates to cases in any exam and have always had 90% + so as long as you explain them your fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are not essential. You wont get marked down for missing out case dates. As long as you know the name then that is fine.
So I will get the same marks for just putting the case of White (in causation) as I would putting R v White 1910
Reply 747
if a problem question involves burglary & robbery, but not theft. do we have to write the ao1 for theft aswell?
Reply 748
I'm killing myself trying to find the mark scheme for January 2013. I've seen a lot of other subjects' mark schemes for January around, but not G153. The January paper seemed quite tricky and so it'd be nice to make a few clarifications.

If anyone has or can get hold of the mark scheme, if you would post it on here or send it to me directly it'd be much appreciated. :biggrin:
Original post by hoping
if a problem question involves burglary & robbery, but not theft. do we have to write the ao1 for theft aswell?

Only write what needs to be applied. So if theres no theft, you don't need to talk about it. However, theft will come up with Robbery as that is just theft with force. Unlike Burglary which can be theft, GBH or Criminal Damage. Most likely if it comes up they will be some sort of theft element
Need to get has high marks as possible in this to make unit 4 more relaxed
Reply 751
Original post by danjones22
Only write what needs to be applied. So if theres no theft, you don't need to talk about it. However, theft will come up with Robbery as that is just theft with force. Unlike Burglary which can be theft, GBH or Criminal Damage. Most likely if it comes up they will be some sort of theft element

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an A in all three papers so far and have never put one date down
Does anybody have an example scenario essay they could put up/email me on Q2 involuntary manslaughter? I'm getting frustrated how much of GNM and UAM to talk about per different scenario
Original post by qr95

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha true that
Original post by feelinginfinite
Does anybody have an example scenario essay they could put up/email me on Q2 involuntary manslaughter? I'm getting frustrated how much of GNM and UAM to talk about per different scenario

Hey this includes a scenario and a detailed summary of what should be included in the answer. will put up one for involuntary in a moment
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Student-Andrew
Hey this includes a scenario and a detailed summary of what should be included in the answer. will put up one for involuntary in a moment

Ah I was planning on missing out voluntary manslaughter since I don't think they'd both come up together, would they? But thank you, it'd be great if you could post one! :redface:
Can someone help me.
bowen was not allowed duress when 2 guys threatened to petrol bomb his family.
he had a low iq and his characteristics were self induced? Why wasn't he allowed duress
Reply 759
Hey I'm a bit confused with the case of velumyl in theft. Part of the definition is 'with the intention of permanently depriving' (s.6 theft act) and then in my notes it says that this includes situations where D appropriates property, even if there is an intention to return it - velumyl.

Surely this is contradictory because if they have an intention to return it, there would not be an intention to permanently deprive? Would reaaally appreciate if someone could explain this to me! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending