Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alem)
    I didn't know that. Can you please tell me if I would be able to get an A* with the following grades, I would just like to know in case there is hope. I have:
    100/120 English Legal System; 54/80 Sources of Law (I retook it and all the questions I predicted came up, so hopefully will get very high marks; 57/80 in the Special Study. And obviously this one, which I think overall I did very well. I regret not retaking the Special Study now.

Ah, there was Tony who after he recovered from his seizure fit asked Ludmilla out but she refused so he hit her (or something like that) and the statement said that he will successfully raise the defence of insanity. (And obviously not, as he was not suffering from anything at that point). Therefore statement was INACCURATE.

These were the other scenarios:
    • Ludmilla is a diabetic who has forgotten to take her insulin and puts a jar (of something) in her bag. Statement said that she can rely on the defence of insanity: ACCURATE
    • Tony is an epileptic who has a seizure fit and punches someone. Statement said that he can successfully raise the defence of automatism: INACCURATE (Epilepsy is an internal factor).
    • And lastly, Ludmilla sleepwalks and smothers Tony. There are two possible outcomes (including commonwealth decisions), but previous domestic cases have regarded sleepwalking as insanity. Statement said she can rely on insanity: ACCURATE
    I got the same answers as you I think! you won't be able to get an A*
    Because if you get 120 in this exam plus special study will equal 177/200 at A2 and you need 180/200 at A2 and 320 over the whole course for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alem)

Ah, there was Tony who after he recovered from his seizure fit asked Ludmilla out but she refused so he hit her (or something like that) and the statement said that he will successfully raise the defence of insanity. (And obviously not, as he was not suffering from anything at that point). Therefore statement was INACCURATE.

These were the other scenarios:
    • Ludmilla is a diabetic who has forgotten to take her insulin and puts a jar (of something) in her bag. Statement said that she can rely on the defence of insanity: ACCURATE
    • Tony is an epileptic who has a seizure fit and punches someone. Statement said that he can successfully raise the defence of automatism: INACCURATE (Epilepsy is an internal factor).
    • And lastly, Ludmilla sleepwalks and smothers Tony. There are two possible outcomes (including commonwealth decisions), but previous domestic cases have regarded sleepwalking as insanity. Statement said she can rely on insanity: ACCURATE
    i said for the seizure that it would be accurate for the seizure one, because it says that he takes tablets to control it, surely with such a mix they should credit both answers if they are supported because both of feasible!

ReputationRep:
    No more law for me now
    Fav topic: causation/police powers
    Worst topic: murder/duress

IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am really worried about how I done in the exam. Section A was great did causation and did OAP for question 3 which was fine. But I have done really badly in section B . I done theft and I did manage to write a lot about the law and of theft but I only mentioned 4 cases , I was however specific with the law for example I got the wild flowers right s.4(3) ect... Just really worried my AO1 will only be level 2 which is 6-10 marks - does anyone have an idea whether if I am still in with a chance to get the essay around level 3 30-35?

ReputationRep:
    For everyone worrying about section C, you only get one mark for correctly identifying whether the statement is accurate/inaccurate. As long as you justified the reason for your decision you should get the rest of the marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ekem)
    I am really worried about how I done in the exam. Section A was great did causation and did OAP for question 3 which was fine. But I have done really badly in section B . I done theft and I did manage to write a lot about the law and of theft but I only mentioned 4 cases , I was however specific with the law for example I got the wild flowers right s.4(3) ect... Just really worried my AO1 will only be level 2 which is 6-10 marks - does anyone have an idea whether if I am still in with a chance to get the essay around level 3 30-35?
    The max you can get for ao1 is 25? And the AO2 are allocated differently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the assault crimes question for section C i did

A: guilty,B: guilty, C: guilty (due to recklessness as cannot consent to GBH), D: not guilty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIO14)
    s 4 (3) -
    A person who picks mushrooms growing wild on any land, or who picks flowers, fruit or foliage from a plant growing wild on any land,does not (although not in possession of the land) steal what he picksunless he does it for reward or for sale or other commercial purpose.

used that bit to justify that the flower picking was not theft - wanted peoples thoughts on this? or did i misinterpret it wrongly!

i hadnt learned non fatals so ended up blagging but seem to get what everyone else got - got confused with Barnes consent and ended up writing writing a line about barnes consent for each one- idek why haha!
    But a garden is a place generally owned by someone, thus the mushrooms/flowers are not wild. :/ that's what i put anyway..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-Andrew)

A: guilty,B: guilty, C: guilty (due to recklessness as cannot consent to GBH), D: not guilty
    Why not guilty for D?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    The max you can get for ao1 is 25? And the AO2 are allocated differently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry , what I meant by that is will my AO1 be only 10 marks with just 3-4 cases as I know the mark scheme used to specifically state unlikely to reach this level without X amount of cases however it does not explicitly state this anymore and additionally will this prevent my AO2 and AO3 from being at higher levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-Andrew)

It wasn't recklessness it was a rugby tackle lol , its similar to case of Barnes on the ball incident

That's what I think anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtisblackham)
    Because if you get 120 in this exam plus special study will equal 177/200 at A2 and you need 180/200 at A2 and 320 over the whole course for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah well, A is good enough for me. Good luck in your other exams. :-)

(Original post by N1037)
    i said for the seizure that it would be accurate for the seizure one, because it says that he takes tablets to control it, surely with such a mix they should credit both answers if they are supported because both of feasible!
    In some cases there are more than two answers, I have seen some examples where the mark scheme shows that both "inaccurate" and "accurate" have been accepted.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One more question, I apologise if I am asking too many questions.
    I have 100+57 that I am not retaking, adding it up to 157. If I get around 70 or 75 UMS marks in my Sources of Law, it will add up to 227 (or 232 if I get 75). And if I get, say 110 in this exam, that adds up to 337 (this is an A), or 342 with the other option, surely I should get an A* providing I get more than 340 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Does anyone know if i will get marks for stating if the statement is accurate or inaccurate even if my points to back it up are wrong(section 3)? Also, did anyone do the question for attempts? How did you tackle the question? Finally any predictions for how many marks youll need to get a c in the paper? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alem)
    I have 100+57 that I am not retaking, adding it up to 157. If I get around 70 or 75 UMS marks in my Sources of Law, it will add up to 227 (or 232 if I get 75). And if I get, say 110 in this exam, that adds up to 337 (this is an A), or 342 with the other option, surely I should get an A* providing I get more than 340 marks?
    What did you get in g154
    I think you need 180/200 in a2
    And 320 overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alem)
    No that's not how the A* works. Somebody may get 320 UMS; 140 at AS and 180 at A2. They will get an A*. Someone who gets 379 UMS with 200 at AS and 179 at A2 will not get an A*. You need 320 overall with 180 at A2. Very bizarre but unfortunately that's how it works.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No that's not how the A* works. Somebody may get 320 UMS; 140 at AS and 180 at A2. They will get an A*. Someone who gets 379 UMS with 200 at AS and 179 at A2 will not get an A*. You need 320 overall with 180 at A2. Very bizarre but unfortunately that's how it works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get it now, thank you so much. I found it very confusing before but you have clarified it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officialaminur)
    Hi. Does anyone know if i will get marks for stating if the statement is accurate or inaccurate even if my points to back it up are wrong(section 3)? Also, did anyone do the question for attempts? How did you tackle the question? Finally any predictions for how many marks youll need to get a c in the paper? thanks
    C will be around 72
    B will be around 84
    A will be around 96

That what i think anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    What did you get in g154
    I think you need 180/200 in a2
    And 320 overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 57, so the 180 is not realistic for me. I was going to retake the Special Study but my teacher suggested I didn't, I wish I'd gone with my gut instinct now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alem)
    I got 57, so the 180 is not realistic for me. I was going to retake the Special Study but my teacher suggested I didn't, I wish I'd gone with my gut instinct now.
    Do you think you will get 110 in g153

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.