Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fats_12)
    Our teachers our predicting strict liability and insanity/ automatism

Posted from TSR Mobile
    100% Insanity and automatism

ReputationRep:
    So insanity and autom will most definitely be section C?...

ReputationRep:
    I would most definitely not leave a topic out, in some questions you even get a mix of four topics; for example in a problem question I have seen insanity/automatism/intoxication/self-defence or murder/duress/self-defence/intoxication. Therefore, I would strongly recommend, that although you may learn some topics more than others, at least have an understanding of all the topics so you are prepared.

ReputationRep:
    I am going through the past papers and below you can see in what section the questions, in relation with the special study, came up on:

January 2010: Section B
    June 2010: Section C

January 2011: Section C
    June 2011: Section B

January 2012: Section C
    June 2012: Section C

January 2013: Section C
    June 2013: Insanity/Automatism most likely to come up in Section B. (This is only a guess)

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for posting three times in a row but I wanted to share my predictions with you, and if possible, please share your thoughts:

Section A
    Offences Against the Person (+ Consent)
    Attempts
    Duress/ Necessity

Section B
    Involuntary Manslaughter (+ Self defence/ Intoxication)
    Insanity/Automatism
    Omissions (+ Causation)

Section C
    Theft/Robbery/Burglary
    Murder and the defences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maerim)
    Apologies for posting three times in a row but I wanted to share my predictions with you, and if possible, please share your thoughts:

Section A
    Offences Against the Person (+ Consent)
    Attempts
    Duress/ Necessity

Section B
    Involuntary Manslaughter (+ Self defence/ Intoxication)
    Insanity/Automatism
    Omissions (+ Causation)

Section C
    Theft/Robbery/Burglary
    Murder and the defences

Q1) causation attempts duress/intoxication
    Q2) hard to predict but non fatals or property
    Q3) insanity/Automatism murder/manslaughter

Iv based my predictions of past papers wat have u done lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Q2) hard to predict but non fatals or property
    I am going through the past papers and below you can see in what section the questions, in relation with the special study, came up on:

January 2010: Section B
    June 2010: Section C

January 2011: Section C
    June 2011: Section B

January 2012: Section C
    June 2012: Section C

January 2013: Section C
    June 2013: Insanity/Automatism most likely to come up in Section B. (This is only a guess)
    Look through the pattern above. Do you think it is more likely Insanity/Automatism will come up in Section C?

ReputationRep:
    What about this then? Because both of us had similar predictions, just in different Sections.

Q2) non-fatals involuntary manslaughter/omissions theft

ReputationRep:
    What about this then? Because both of us had similar predictions, just in different Sections.

Q2) non-fatals involuntary manslaughter/omissions theft

Yh sounds better how can involuntary manslaughter n omission come together, hw long u been revising ? Wat marks u on in total so far in law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Yh sounds better how can involuntary manslaughter n omission come together
    When you have to talk about gross negligence manslaughter and for example, if a question is about a doctor who fails to do something you might have to explain the law relating to omissions in relation to doctors and medical treatment.

ReputationRep:
    When you have to talk about gross negligence manslaughter and for example, if a question is about a doctor who fails to do something you might have to explain the law relating to omissions in relation to doctors and medical treatment.
    Thanks wat mark r u on overall in law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Thanks wat mark r u on overall in law?
    I'm not sure what my mark is, I need 109/120 to get an A overall. However, I retook one exam from last year which I feel went well; presumably I need less than 109 now, hopefully something around 85-90.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what my mark is, I need 109/120 to get an A overall. However, I retook one exam from last year which I feel went well; presumably I need less than 109 now, hopefully something around 85-90.
    Thats good all iv revised is omission and causation lol, also lookin at past papers murder hasnt come up in section 1 for some time and causation has been in section 2 since it came up as an essay in section A.

ReputationRep:
    Murder came up June 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaf)
    Murder came up June 12

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Murder- mens rea came up not murder itself

ReputationRep:
    hey guys.. since a lot of people predicting causation to come up, iv got an essay plan my teacher put together for us, however I don't know how to attach it on here.. help anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hope Insanity/Automatism won't come up, i've not looked at it since January exam. Praying for Attempts / Omissions / Strict Liability, I'll nail it then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fats_12)
    hey guys.. since a lot of people predicting causation to come up, iv got an essay plan my teacher put together for us, however I don't know how to attach it on here.. help anyone?
    You have a "Insert Image" icon, if you click on it you can also attach a document.

ReputationRep:
    For the fifty markers, how much sides are we lookin at roughly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have a "Insert Image" icon, if you click on it you can also attach a document.
    Yea that's what I tried doing but it won't upload I'll try again though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.