Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Good ideas for first date? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So im taking this girl out on wednesday and im in need of a few ideas, ive met a few girls in the past and done the whole cinema, meal, walk and talk thing. I want to impress but not be over the top!

Any ideas?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    The tried and tested Cinema and meal method works well (not so sure about the walk). It breaks the ice pretty well.
    There are a few considerations to have whilst planning it:

-Choose a movie that you both like (nothing says "I like you" more then watching 'Die Hard' together, I think not)
    -Choose a nice place to eat that's not too serious and romantic, have fun! (PizzaHut is always a safe bet)

By 'impress', just show that you're a nice, fun and considerate person. If you're lucky, the rest will come naturally.

Best of luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would rather grab a coffee somewhere nice and then do something maybe a little sentimental? I'm not sure what type of person she is? but to be honest I think cinema is like "second date" I would keep it simple so you can get to know each other more

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt go for cinema on the first date cos you cant talk! 'Did you have a nice time at the cinema with x' 'Yea it was good, we didnt talk the whole time'.

Although meal makes up for that afterwards i guess, i dunno, i prefer dates where we can actually chat

ReputationRep:
    Nordic walking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ORuss17)
    Hello,

So im taking this girl out on wednesday and im in need of a few ideas, ive met a few girls in the past and done the whole cinema, meal, walk and talk thing. I want to impress but not be over the top!

Any ideas?

Thank you!
    Easiest way:

ADD the girl to the bed
    SUBTRACT the clothes
    DIVIDE the legs

and pray you don't MUTIPLY

ReputationRep:
    What is the girl like?

Personally, I've always wanted a guy to take me on a picnic with a flask of tea and lots of blankets to keep warm! But that's just me.

Ice skating is a good one as you can hold hands around the rink without it being weird and have a good laugh/chat.

You could just go to an old English pub and get a good pub lunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    Personally, I've always wanted a guy to take me on a picnic with a flask of tea and lots of blankets to keep warm! But that's just me.

Ice skating is a good one as you can hold hands around the rink without it being weird and have a good laugh/chat.
    I was just gonna suggest those exact two ideas... Damn you getting there first haha! :P

ReputationRep:
    Bowling perhaps? You can get a bit of banter going atleast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LonelyPlanet)
    Easiest way:

ADD the girl to the bed
    SUBTRACT the clothes
    DIVIDE the legs

and pray you don't MUTIPLY
    I think this was meant to be a troll post, but it made me chuckle - thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    What is the girl like?

You could just go to an old English pub and get a good pub lunch.
    I like picnics.....

ReputationRep:
    Cinema and meal is a bit too much too soon for a first date - keep it simple. Maybe just a coffee first, followed by a walk in a park (or a picnic, if you think you can pull it off). You want to talk as much as possible, see what the chemistry is like.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    bowling! i always say this, bowling is relaxed and fun and fairly private, u can get food too and if it's a place with one of those gaming machines, u can try and win her a teddy bear

ReputationRep:
    Well, my first date with my current boyfriend was just wondering around Manchester city centre looking in the shops and talking about our lives and interests. It worked, we've been together for over a year!

To be honest a pretty nice first date would be a coffee and maybe a walk in the park afterwards, or if you don't know the other person so well, skating or bowling or some kind of sport; just something that gives you a conversation topic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.