Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am a student who is very undecisive with his offer.

To begin with I am italian and I applied through UCAS to 5 universities, getting 2 offers from University of Manchester and University of Kent.

In my country I have also applied to Universita Bocconi and I got a place there too.

At Manchester's uni my course is: Economics and Philosophy, at Kent it's Economics and Business and at Bocconi it's International Economics Finance and management, in english despite I am italian.

So... I know that my level of english should be improved and so studying abroad is the best choice, but in some rankings like QS Bocconi is very well place. I also know that study in Italy in a course in English is not very good.

My question is... In UK which university of my three choice is more important and recognised by employers or by other universities for a postgraduate degree? PLEASE HELP ME

ReputationRep:
    As an English person, I have no opinion to offer on Bocconi, but if you want to come to England I would take Manchester over Kent if you want a prestigious university.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    According to this...

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ables/rankings

...Manchester is apparently the better overall, but Kent has a higher student satisfaction score. I haven't heard a lot about Kent whereas I have heard good stuff about Manchester, but I think that they're both good, sound universities.
    Maybe have a look at their websites and take the course content, accommodation, location etc. into consideration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawneexo)
    According to this...

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ables/rankings

...Manchester is apparently the better overall, but Kent has a higher student satisfaction score. I haven't heard a lot about Kent whereas I have heard good stuff about Manchester, but I think that they're both good, sound universities.
    Maybe have a look at their websites and take the course content, accommodation, location etc. into consideration?

Both the course content are interesting, I will come to England for the open day of Kent, because I booked it earlier and then i found out that the one of Manchester will be on the same day. I think that the location is very important.. Do you know how Manchester campus is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack 3v)
    Both the course content are interesting, I will come to England for the open day of Kent, because I booked it earlier and then i found out that the one of Manchester will be on the same day. I think that the location is very important.. Do you know how Manchester campus is?
    Aw, it's a shame you can't go to both open days really :/
    I don't personally, but one of my friends applied for Manchester and went for an interview at the campus. She really enjoyed it, said she liked the location and feel of the place, although its apparently huge and quite busy, so I suppose that may not be for some people. She's chosen it as her Insurance choice though, so it obviously made an impression

ReputationRep:
    I also can't offer an opinion on Bocconi. However, out of the other two Manchester is significantly more prestigious than Kent.

The campus is great - it's big, there's been a lot of investment in it recently (£650m) and it's about a mile away from the city centre.

I know you can't go to the Manchester open day, but every Wednesday afternoon there is a guided tour of the university campus. You'll be given a presentation, shown around by a student and then have a cup of tea / coffee afterwards. http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergra.../other-visits/

ReputationRep:
    PS if you're worried about your English skills then you can do an English language course over the summer before you start at the uni http://www.ulc.manchester.ac.uk/engl...pre-sessional/

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.