Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I feel really horrible here but I feel all trapped inside and need to let it out.

Okay, I have been best friends with someone called Maddy for 7 years. She used to hit me a few years back, but I spoke to her and we were cool and she would never do it. We became really tight.
    She has this issue though... Sometimes she will try and make me jealous and hang around with other people (usually my close friends) and push me out the way. We had this issue a few months back. I got so upset that I started crying really hard because she was on purposely trying to make me jealous.
    When I told her, she started crying harder than me. She said she loved me more than her family and never wanted to let go. And that made me cry like a baby. We became best friends "forever".
    Now... It's all complicated. She's doing that thing AGAIN and now she doesn't even give a ****. I'm actually not joking... It was my birthday on the 8th of March and... she didn't even get me a card or present. Didn't even wish me a happy birthday. Didn't speak to me at all...
    She has a friend called Kay... She's fine but personally, I think she's a ... manipulative person. She STOLE 3 best friends away from 5 people. On purpose. I even know this...

I think this happened because of this club they names "Miss-Disappearance" or something... They grab hold of 3 people and walk away from us. I refused to join because I thought that was unfair.

Okay, so I told maddy how I felt again and this time she didn't even give a ****. It made me pissed so I broke friends with her. This was all on my birthday.

The next day it was my sleepover with 2 friends and Emma was messaging Maddy on her phone asking her why she has been treating me bad. This was her reply

"I just can't stay with one person forever. It's the truth. You move on in life and thats what happened with me and Kay. Kay's officially my best friend now and I guess me and Caitlin can never be friends again after what's happened."

Emma replied "So you wanted to replace her?"

Then, Maddy replied "To be honest I wanted to slowly drift away from her from the start. I wanted to be friends with her still, but ... It hasn't turned out well."

At that point, I just said under my breath "Does that ****in' mean you had to exclude me. Just be honest..."

But It really wants to make me cry thinking about it. I miss the memories me and her had together but she's changed. I personally think I will never be her friend again but I really want to... But at the same time, I hate her.

I'm not sure if it's hate or missing her... But I just cant stand her for some reason. She had to sit next to me in History and I tried to make her laugh, to be friendly but she just looked at me like I was a freak and moved to the edge of the table as far away from me as possible.

There have been many other occasions where she has caused me to feel left out on purpose and if this thread gets popular, I'll share them...

But can people give me advice on what to do, because I'm taking the anger out on myself and feeling alone, even though I have a few other friends I have only 1 close one (which is Emma.) They have also taken away Chelsea and for some reason, she can't stand me anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling. Don't take it out on yourself, shes obviously really childish. You can't force her to want to be best friends with you again, so just forget and move on. Maybe try looking for new friends?
    If not, you do have other friends anyway, who I'm sure are much more loyal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaknows)
    I know the feeling. Don't take it out on yourself, shes obviously really childish. You can't force her to want to be best friends with you again, so just forget and move on. Maybe try looking for new friends?
    If not, you do have other friends anyway, who I'm sure are much more loyal.
    Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.