Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

im having to retake the last AQA biol 4 paper as i got 71/100 ums on the paper and need to get A's so therefore i was wondering how hard did people who sat the paper find it? i thought it wasn't hard but STILL did badly

also does anyone know what mark you needed to get to get A* and full ums?

do you think that the june biol 4 paper is going to be harder as the last one was a considerably easy paper?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    wod be helpful to know which exam board ur on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    wod be helpful to know which exam board ur on?
    sorry aqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    sorry aqa
    ok well i had 68% attendance in biology and got 74

ReputationRep:
    I think that Biology AQA papers are always a little vague, but I always find them weird and can never call my grade, but I managed to somehow get an A* in Bio4. Like you, I thought the paper wasn't that hard, but wasn't expecting a decent grade cause I mostly get C's for Biology.

But it's worth trying again in June, if it doesn't put a burden on your other exams

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

im having to retake the last AQA biol 4 paper as i got 71/100 ums on the paper and need to get A's so therefore i was wondering how hard did people who sat the paper find it? i thought it wasn't hard but STILL did badly

also does anyone know what mark you needed to get to get A* and full ums?

do you think that the june biol 4 paper is going to be harder as the last one was a considerably easy paper?

thanks!
    i found the paper pretty difficult - the question regarding yeast really confused me, but i managed to get an A* (thank god for that)

i personally thing it will be of the same difficulty - if you're still averaging out on an A even with your unit 4 mark then i would say forget about unit 4 and focus on unit 5 as it's worth more than unit 4

ReputationRep:
    im so worried!! i revised so much for that biol 4 but only ot 70% what else can i do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)
    i found the paper pretty difficult - the question regarding yeast really confused me, but i managed to get an A* (thank god for that)

i personally thing it will be of the same difficulty - if you're still averaging out on an A even with your unit 4 mark then i would say forget about unit 4 and focus on unit 5 as it's worth more than unit 4
    what ums did you get? can you give me any tips n how to revise??

ReputationRep:
    im so worried!! i revised so much for that biol 4 but only ot 70% what else can i do??
    i would say attend lessons but i did well with only 68% attendance and did better than u

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was okay, but I ended up with 68, 2 ums off a C!
    I think an A* was aroud 59 raw marks, from what I can remember...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Correctipn 2 ums off a B!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I found Biol4 very hard, just about got an A 80%. No longer on track for an A* unless I get 100% in Biol5... Not going to bother resitting Biol4 though, its covers mostly boring topics and this disinterest makes it difficult for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waggaw)
    I found Biol4 very hard, just about got an A 80%. No longer on track for an A* unless I get 100% in Biol5... Not going to bother resitting Biol4 though, its covers mostly boring topics and this disinterest makes it difficult for me.
    God I know! I found unit 4 sooo dull. Can't stand resitting it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)

there was a question about yeasttttt?? -___- oh lord, what question was this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ActaNonVerba)
    there was a question about yeasttttt?? -___- oh lord, what question was this?
    loool! yes, it had something to do with a graph and production of ethanol, don't really remember it anymore though i bull****ted my way through it haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V95)
    loool! yes, it had something to do with a graph and production of ethanol, don't really remember it anymore though i bull****ted my way through it haha!
    ohhhh that nonsense Lool, thought I had completely missed out a question.. Thought I had something to blame my B on aha:P ..resitting anyway so I hopes I gets dat A* this time round

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have this paper and mark scheme?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.