The Student Room Group

how hard did you find the jan 2013 biol 4 paper??

Hi guys

im having to retake the last AQA biol 4 paper as i got 71/100 ums on the paper and need to get A's :frown: so therefore i was wondering how hard did people who sat the paper find it? i thought it wasn't hard but STILL did badly :frown: :frown:

also does anyone know what mark you needed to get to get A* and full ums?

do you think that the june biol 4 paper is going to be harder as the last one was a considerably easy paper?

thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
wod be helpful to know which exam board ur on?
Reply 2
Original post by iamgreatness
wod be helpful to know which exam board ur on?

sorry aqa :smile:
Original post by emah123
sorry aqa :smile:

ok well i had 68% attendance in biology and got 74
Reply 4
I think that Biology AQA papers are always a little vague, but I always find them weird and can never call my grade, but I managed to somehow get an A* in Bio4. Like you, I thought the paper wasn't that hard, but wasn't expecting a decent grade cause I mostly get C's for Biology.

But it's worth trying again in June, if it doesn't put a burden on your other exams :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by emah123
Hi guys

im having to retake the last AQA biol 4 paper as i got 71/100 ums on the paper and need to get A's :frown: so therefore i was wondering how hard did people who sat the paper find it? i thought it wasn't hard but STILL did badly :frown: :frown:

also does anyone know what mark you needed to get to get A* and full ums?

do you think that the june biol 4 paper is going to be harder as the last one was a considerably easy paper?

thanks!

i found the paper pretty difficult - the question regarding yeast really confused me, but i managed to get an A* (thank god for that)

i personally thing it will be of the same difficulty - if you're still averaging out on an A even with your unit 4 mark then i would say forget about unit 4 and focus on unit 5 as it's worth more than unit 4
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
im so worried!! i revised so much for that biol 4 but only ot 70% what else can i do??
Reply 7
Original post by V95
i found the paper pretty difficult - the question regarding yeast really confused me, but i managed to get an A* (thank god for that)

i personally thing it will be of the same difficulty - if you're still averaging out on an A even with your unit 4 mark then i would say forget about unit 4 and focus on unit 5 as it's worth more than unit 4

what ums did you get? can you give me any tips n how to revise??
Original post by emah123
im so worried!! i revised so much for that biol 4 but only ot 70% what else can i do??

i would say attend lessons but i did well with only 68% attendance and did better than u
Reply 9
I thought the paper was okay, but I ended up with 68, 2 ums off a C!
I think an A* was aroud 59 raw marks, from what I can remember...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Correctipn 2 ums off a B!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I found Biol4 very hard, just about got an A 80%. No longer on track for an A* unless I get 100% in Biol5... Not going to bother resitting Biol4 though, its covers mostly boring topics and this disinterest makes it difficult for me.
Reply 12
Original post by Waggaw
I found Biol4 very hard, just about got an A 80%. No longer on track for an A* unless I get 100% in Biol5... Not going to bother resitting Biol4 though, its covers mostly boring topics and this disinterest makes it difficult for me.

God I know! I found unit 4 sooo dull. Can't stand resitting it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by V95

there was a question about yeasttttt?? -___- oh lord, what question was this?
Reply 14
Original post by ActaNonVerba
there was a question about yeasttttt?? -___- oh lord, what question was this?

loool! yes, it had something to do with a graph and production of ethanol, don't really remember it anymore though :tongue: i bull****ted my way through it haha!
Original post by V95
loool! yes, it had something to do with a graph and production of ethanol, don't really remember it anymore though :tongue: i bull****ted my way through it haha!

ohhhh that nonsense Lool, thought I had completely missed out a question.. Thought I had something to blame my B on aha:P ..resitting anyway so I hopes I gets dat A* this time round
Reply 16
Does anyone have this paper and mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending