Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Mcdonalds = Vomit? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyunicorn133)
    I mean literally!

I had Mcdonalds for my lunch, now I wouldnt normally eat junk but I was stuck in town after doing errands and I got hungry so I just grabbed whatever was available.
    Anyways I had a quarterpounder with cheese and fries. I remember thinking 'this is a little dry', but munched it anyways being starving and all.

Now i'm being so sick and got a temperature and stomach cramps galore
    I'm now thinking, is this coz the food is kept at a constant temperature waiting around for customers? Is the food REALLY as bad quality as the media makes out? Is it reheated twice? Anything is possible with fast food.

So, has fast food ever made you ill? Did you complain? What are your views on fast food generally?

I'm certainly going to be thinking twice before getting a Mcdonalds again!
    Yeh its worse when they have been left on the counter for a while, all those preservatives yuk,. But when the burgers been freshly cooked its tastes passable

ReputationRep:
    I got food poisoning from a KFC once and I've never been able to eat it since, it just makes me feel ill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mcdonalda made me ill once, I was being sick for days and all I had were the chips!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clioashlee)
    My cousin had a KFC which was raw and full of maggots. When she complained to the manager, he just shrugged his shoulders. My auntie had to threaten to take them to court just to get him to throw the batch of chicken out :/ Grim!
    What happened in the end?

I'd have taken a photo and took legal action. Got as much compensation as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    What happened in the end?

I'd have taken a photo and took legal action. Got as much compensation as possible.
    They reported the incident to the council who then passed the case to the health ddepartment and nothing else was heard about it. I assume it was their word against ours! It was 7 years ago, and I think had it happened more recently a bigger deal would have been made.

ReputationRep:
    A guy a know bit into a cyst in his McDonald's chicken sandwich. He thought it was mayonnaise until he realised....

ReputationRep:
    I mean literally!

I had Mcdonalds for my lunch, now I wouldnt normally eat junk but I was stuck in town after doing errands and I got hungry so I just grabbed whatever was available.
    Anyways I had a quarterpounder with cheese and fries. I remember thinking 'this is a little dry', but munched it anyways being starving and all.

I'm now thinking, is this coz the food is kept at a constant temperature waiting around for customers? Is the food REALLY as bad quality as the media makes out? Is it reheated twice? Anything is possible with fast food.

So, has fast food ever made you ill? Did you complain? What are your views on fast food generally?

The burgers are only kept hot for a short amount of time before they are thrown away. I haven't worked at McDonalds for 6 years, but I'm pretty sure it's only 10 minutes, but it might be 15. Either way, at the temperature they are kept it's still safe. Stores generally will also run without anything being kept hot except during busy times, it's why if you go in when they are quiet you'll generally wait a bit longer for your food, because they don't keep food hot unless it's busy.

No food is ever reheated, ever. While the food may not be great quality it isn't recycled, so nothing is ever cooked, left to cool, and then reheated.

I'm not going to argue that the food is good quality, personally I wouldn't go to McDonalds or anything like that unless I was absolutely desperate and there was nothing else around, but the way the food is prepared is fine, they don't do anything which would be potentially hazardous to anybodies health, and all of the restaurants are inspected at random, pretty often, to ensure that the standards are being upheld.

After that ramble, of course it is possible that you can get food poisoning from fast food, but if you did then it is purely a case of very bad luck. It may well not even be food poisoning, last time I went to McDonalds some time last year having not eaten there for about 4 years, and I threw up about an hour after eating and felt like absolute **** for the rest of the day, purely because it was disgusting and I think my body rejected it!

ReputationRep:
    All the horror stories in this thread remind me of why if I ever have to eat at McDonalds I just have fries :yucky:

That said there's probably horror stories about the chips too, but I feel like they're less likely to have some strange organ in them

ReputationRep:
    I mean literally!

Keeping the food at a set temp has caused you to get cramp?
    What about a bowl of soup. or stew, you reheat that and you'd be fine.
    Pizza reheated. examples anyway.

Pizza hut made my sister ill once. I've never gotten ill of fast food though tbh.

The burger won't have been reheated twice anyways. It is frozen raw and then placed onto a grill then it is placed in the dispensary bin to keep warm for when you eat it. And they can only be kept in the bin for a set amount of time. Before either being sold or thrown away if it has been there to long.

It could have just been an off burger. It happens. I have had food poisoning before, not sure what from though. Vomiting everywhere is not fun. Get well soon.

ReputationRep:
    This whole thread is making me heave. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I try and keep fast food meals to a minimum. KFC once served me water instead of Sprite.

I love Pizza Hut though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    I work at McDonald's (I know, it's a terrible job and I feel like a failure for it, but still). If you told them about it they would have given you another for free. The food is kept in freezers until it's cooked. After that they put in a rack to keep it above 60C (which is warm enough to prevent the growth of bacteria) until it's sold.

Then again, from my experience at least, some workers have a tendency to ignore certain H&S rules because the managers want you to get the food to the customer ASAP. I prefer to take my time and do it right, and they want to rush... naturally they don't like me.
    You should not feel like a loser for working in McDonalds

at least you have job, you are earning money ! Plus you learn a lot of skills by working in such a competitive and high pressure environment.

ReputationRep:
    You had a free choice not to go there (or to go). Pity those children often of primary school age who are taken there and have no real choice in the matter.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.