Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Got my practical driving test tomorrow - so nervous, any advice? Any stories? Anythin Watch

ReputationRep:
    please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I passed my driving test despite being super nervous! Just go through all the routines in your head. Imagine it's just a normal driving lesson (that's pretty much all it is, really!), then the other thing I'd say is if you know you've made a mistake, carry on and DON'T dwell on it. Just leave it. I forgot to check my blind spot first time I pulled away but I just put it to the back of my mind, and only got a minor for it

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    I passed my driving test despite being super nervous! Just go through all the routines in your head. Imagine it's just a normal driving lesson
    Best advice to be honest! If you're not nervous it's so much easier, pretend you're doing a mock test with your driving instructor and you'll be fine.

Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Take a bottle of water and before every manavour just say your have a sore throat and ask if its ok to take a sip and use that time to relax and clear head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    I passed my driving test despite being super nervous! Just go through all the routines in your head. Imagine it's just a normal driving lesson (that's pretty much all it is, really!), then the other thing I'd say is if you know you've made a mistake, carry on and DON'T dwell on it. Just leave it. I forgot to check my blind spot first time I pulled away but I just put it to the back of my mind, and only got a minor for it

Good luck!!
    Very wise advice here Best of luck to you, it's a nerve-wracking experience and definitely not pleasant but just remember, you wouldn't be doing it if you weren't ready for it! Go in there and smash it [... not literally ].

I do have a story about a woman who was told to turn right on the roundabout... and literally turned right, so she ended up going the wrong way around it! And the girl who did so well all the way back to the test centre, but clipped a car whilst driving into the car park. This won't be you, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Same position here mate, 1 25 tomorrow. My maneuvers have gone to pot lately, nerves are building up as a result. Fuark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr DaMan)
    Same position here mate, 1 25 tomorrow. My maneuvers have gone to pot lately, nerves are building up as a result. Fuark
    Good luck mate

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone, literally never been this nervous! **** **** mannnn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Good luck mate
    much appreciated mate. I'm already cautious so I'm just going to drive even more cautiously and pray I don't have to do a left reverse.

ReputationRep:
    I was so nervous that I forgot to put my indicator on my first junction. I just drove straight out into traffic

I said sorry and my examiner said don't worry about it, thought he was lying but he passed me so it turned out he wasn't

ReputationRep:
    just chill out and relax i havent passed my test yet but i have done plenty of mocks which were scary enough
    i am sure you will be fine just try and enjoy it as silly as that sounds

ReputationRep:
    Trust me the actual test isn't as scary as you think it would be, plus it goes really quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr DaMan)
    much appreciated mate. I'm already cautious so I'm just going to drive even more cautiously and pray I don't have to do a left reverse.
    Is that a reverse around a corner? That's what i did in my test! Think positive and you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Is that a reverse around a corner? That's what i did in my test! Think positive and you will be fine
    yeah it is. I'm going to do brilliantly. I'm going to do brilliantly. I'm going to do brilliantly.

ReputationRep:
    So... good news?

ReputationRep:
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    take your time, and remember that you cant check your mirrors enough

and remember that 'can't' is the real c word!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.