The Student Room Group

TSR FIFA League

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Erm we'll play ours today sometime. When you free?

Maybe 7/7:30pm. What's ur GT? I will add you.
Reply 581
Brilliant Idea!

Xbox 360 - MrJen21

Not exceptional but I've been playing since I was about 11 so I'd like to think I can beat anyone on my day (;
Guys, there's a bit of problem regarding the PS3 tournament. Both me and zxh800 are in the semi-final and hungry to face Ghandi and his French team in the final. But there are constraints stopping us from playing each other and weird connection difficulties. We've tried online friendlies, team play and even went in match lobbies and invited each other but still nothing worked. It keeps on saying the stuff like 'connection has been lost' etc. Seems like we've hit a huge roadblock! I've invited my other friends to online friendlier today and played them, but it doesn't let zxh800 join my games and neither does it let me join his. It works fine when I have played my other friends today but there are constraints stopping me from playing zxh800 for some reason.

Does anyone know what we should do? We'll try again tomoz anyway but any ideas?
(edited 11 years ago)
Ok. So this thread has become so dead now.
Come on wii u fifa players

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Ok. So this thread has become so dead now.

Did you try again today? Maybe it was just a one off problem.
Original post by mahatma ghandi
Did you try again today? Maybe it was just a one off problem.

I've been playing call of duty on my other account. We had like so menu attempts earlier but nothing would work. zxh800 even turned his ps3 off twice and restarted it but still the same problem.
*many

Also, zxh800, I can play friendlies with my other friends fine and play games in match lobbies without any of these wierd difficulties. So, I thought, do you have a cousin/friend who has PSN and FIFA cos if so, then you could use his/her PSN to face me for the two games.
I am Xbox player and my name is scaphrax
Reply 589
Sorry xbox group a.... Ill be back here on tuesday,.ill play paddy 1 time and the other guy twice (depending on my score with paddy) my bad for taking ages
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
FUT Bargain here guys xbox only!! Selling silver mayuka for 180000 bin he is being price fixed to 200000 so you are able to make a profit on him!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
*many

Also, zxh800, I can play friendlies with my other friends fine and play games in match lobbies without any of these wierd difficulties. So, I thought, do you have a cousin/friend who has PSN and FIFA cos if so, then you could use his/her PSN to face me for the two games.

You can have a by to the final if you want. I have faced Gandhi before and I'm not too fussed about winning.
Original post by zxh800
You can have a by to the final if you want. I have faced Gandhi before and I'm not too fussed about winning.

Welsh Leprecaun
X

Hey that is a very generous proposal but I don't think that would be fair since it would make you look 'uncrowned' because you were never actually eliminated. However, I've come up with another logical idea which in a sense does seem like a good idea. But of course, I will need to check if it's ok with you and of course the administrator of this tournament, Welsh. I'll explain my systematic idea now. First, since we are unable to play each other, we could recruit a 'dummy' player (i.e. any player who has already been eliminated like that guy called Nerd12 who was in group A). Now, we both play this dummy player and whoever between us two performs the best will progress to the tournament final against Ghandi. This really isn't that complicated, for example, if you beat the jobber player 2-0 and then I beat him 1-0, that means you go through to the final as you got a superior result. Or let's say for example, you lose 4-3 to the jobber player and then I draw 1-1, then I would go through based on the better result.

Also, in order to main fairness and avoid cheating, when we both play the jobber player, it must be a '6 min' match so that we both gave the sane length of time against the dummy player. Another thing, if we both end up getting the sane result then we would have to face the dummy player again in order for an ultimate winner to be confirmed. As well as that, there should be NO cheating, in that I mean no bribing/or match-fixing. This tournament is the first PS3 tournament so we don't want any match-fixing scandal's already. But of course, if any player (XBox and ps3) is caught bribing then they would most likely need to be deducted points in the next tournament, if the chairman (Welsh) agrees on that severity-style punishment. So, what do you think? Shall we use this method. I just want to make it fair for both of us, so that there are no 'byes' and it will provide a true winner. Cos Ghandi is waiting.
Reply 593
x

If Welsh agrees I suppose we could do that. Who would the dummy be?
Hey that is a very generous proposal but I don't think that would be fair since it would make you look 'uncrowned' because you were never actually eliminated. However, I've come up with another logical idea which in a sense does seem like a good idea. But of course, I will need to check if it's ok with you and of course the administrator of this tournament, Welsh. I'll explain my systematic idea now. First, since we are unable to play each other, we could recruit a 'dummy' player (i.e. any player who has already been eliminated like that guy called Nerd12 who was in group A). Now, we both play this dummy player and whoever between us two performs the best will progress to the tournament final against Ghandi. This really isn't that complicated, for example, if you beat the jobber player 2-0 and then I beat him 1-0, that means you go through to the final as you got a superior result. Or let's say for example, you lose 4-3 to the jobber player and then I draw 1-1, then I would go through based on the better result.

Also, in order to main fairness and avoid cheating, when we both play the jobber player, it must be a '6 min' match so that we both gave the sane length of time against the dummy player. Another thing, if we both end up getting the sane result then we would have to face the dummy player again in order for an ultimate winner to be confirmed. As well as that, there should be NO cheating, in that I mean no bribing/or match-fixing. This tournament is the first PS3 tournament so we don't want any match-fixing scandal's already. But of course, if any player (XBox and ps3) is caught bribing then they would most likely need to be deducted points in the next tournament, if the chairman (Welsh) agrees on that severity-style punishment. So, what do you think? Shall we use this method. I just want to make it fair for both of us, so that there are no 'byes' and it will provide a true winner. Cos Ghandi is waiting.

Sorry guys, haven't really been able to keep up with this thread. Just sort it out amongst yourselves, I'm sure you'll come to fair solution.
Original post by zxh800

We could use that guy called Nerd who was in your group, or possibly Oziris who was in my group. I think Welsh is ok with this idea, he quoted me and said that we can sort it amongst ourselves. I think this is a good idea, so that the better player faces Ghandi in the final instead being gifted with a 'bye'.
Original post by zxh800

Gunit says he doesn't mind filling the shoes of the dummy player. Now whoever out of us two manages to get the better result, will advance to the final to challenge the wrath of Ghandi whilst the other must face Gunit again for the bronze. Seems ok :smile: but of course make sure that your match with Gunit is 6 mins, so that we both have the same playing time against him.
Reply 597
Gunit says he doesn't mind filling the shoes of the dummy player. Now whoever out of us two manages to get the better result, will advance to the final to challenge the wrath of Ghandi whilst the other must face Gunit again for the bronze. Seems ok :smile: but of course make sure that your match with Gunit is 6 mins, so that we both have the same playing time against him.

kk
Reply 598
Group a xbox im back on now so we can finish off got pmay paddy once and gpds bluth twice
sorry for the unforseen delay
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 599

Original post by zxh800
kk

Portugal 1 - 3 Italy
Spain 3 - 4 Italy

Spain go through on No. of goals scored. Agree?

Quick Reply

Latest