Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help this reader: Allahu Akbar

I have an offer to study there next year and would like to ask about how the theoretical physics degree compares to the normal physics degree. For example, what are the labs like? Can I avoid them and choose the theoretical modules instead and end up with a theoretical degree despite starting with straight physics? If not, is it possible to transfer within months of starting there or should I ask about it now?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dugdugdug.

Yeah, I'd basically love it if some current physics and theoretical physics undergrads could give me their feelings on their courses. I'm thinking I might prefer a theoretical degree as I really can't stand the practicals at school and I don't want to be stuck with the same at Uni. Also, recently (as in the last year or so) I've been enjoying maths much more, especially the mechanics and further pure modules and I'd like to go on to learn more at Uni which I think a theoretical module would facilitate. I also hate stats, and so would like to avoid it as much as possible, which in my understanding would be hard with labs and all.

I'd be very grateful for any information at all from current undergrads from the physics department at Imperial

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.