Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people associate the B.N.P with nazism? Hmm I dont get it watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do people associate the B.N.P and C18 with nazism?

Because they aren't associated and they vehemently say this themselves. I think it is the way they are portrayed in the media. But don't you think it is irrational for most people to belive the media lies? Especially in a supposedlyy educated country. Strange.

ReputationRep:
    The name Combat 18 relates to Nazism - I can't quite remember how though The BNP look at asylum seekers, in a way that the Nazis looked at Jews and other social outcasts, like Romany Gypsies, homosexuals and the disabled. Its simple really

ReputationRep:
    I've remembered now Its the initials of Adolf Hitler. A is 1, and H is of course 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    The BNP were around long before ther term 'asylum seeker' became popularised, well known for their views on black and asian people.
    Nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Combat 18)
    Why do people associate the B.N.P and C18 with nazism?

Because they aren't associated and they vehemently say this themselves. I think it is the way they are portrayed in the media. But don't you think it is irrational for most people to belive the media lies? Especially in a supposedlyy educated country. Strange.
    Where I'm from, the BNP represents work actually getting done to make the area prettier

ReputationRep:
    Its still mostly the same just with asylum seekers thrown in for good measure
    Ok Pig. Its worrying that the extreme right is on the rise in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Worrying yes, but democratically elected extreme right which says the problem lies with the attitudes of the people. Problem is, you can't really make people think a certain way without being obvious (e.g. PC in this country) so its hard to correct.

Elected because the labour government has done jack sh*t in my area for over 15 years. And by that I mean spend copius amounts of money on useless 'peace' projects whilst making people in the more affluent areas extremely angry because not only where they live get minimal finance for upkeep, they get projects like 'peace garden' rubbed in their faces in the local newspaper.

Incidently 'peace garden' had graffiti all over it and is now totally wrecked. It cost many thousands of pounds. The problem lies within the area itself, its poor, its always going to be poor and therefore has all the trappings of a deprived area.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really have BNP councillors in mind when I wrote that. Presumably the BNP campaigned on local issues to get in in your area. But they seem to be doing an OK job for your area so no problemo there as councils have hardly any real power anyway.

My home area is a complete and utter dump but has one of the highest labour majorities anywhere!
    Yes, i'm not saying the BNP isnt a bad thing. Its just when I see that e.g. paths and fences being replaced by people in Lancashire County Council vans, its a really nice feeling. I've never experienced that in my life. I'm happy with the BNP as councillers for my area and surrounding wards (they are pretty affleunt wards) like you say they have no real power, which is probably a good thing, as long as they dont get any more power i'd like them to stay. Well actually, only if the BLOODY BBC stop making films making out people from Burnley are racist!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Having seen a documentary exposing their high-profile members as "Nazi-sympathisers (aka Nazis), I think that the comment is completely justified.

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with getting rid of all the parasitic immigrants? Dont you love your country? Do you see how they are decaying it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurt)
    Whats wrong with getting rid of all the parasitic immigrants? Dont you love your country? Do you see how they are decaying it?
    who would u classify as parasitic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Yes, i'm not saying the BNP isnt a bad thing. Its just when I see that e.g. paths and fences being replaced by people in Lancashire County Council vans, its a really nice feeling. I've never experienced that in my life. I'm happy with the BNP as councillers for my area and surrounding wards (they are pretty affleunt wards) like you say they have no real power, which is probably a good thing, as long as they dont get any more power i'd like them to stay. Well actually, only if the BLOODY BBC stop making films making out people from Burnley are racist!!!!

Hmmmm. <not impressed>

They have a section on the BNP website for reporting anti-BNP broadcasts. There is a reason for them being so defensive about the image that THEY wish to portray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Hmmmm. <not impressed>

They have a section on the BNP website for reporting anti-BNP broadcasts. There is a reason for them being so defensive about the image that THEY wish to portray.
    Yes, but the problem lies with the BBC in this incident. When they roll in to town, they interview the local 'thickies' in the poor areas who stay stuff like 'send em back, they are taking all our money'. The BBC forget to mention only one poor area in Bunrley is actually BNP run. All the others are fairly affleunt, and in some cases very affluent areas. The BBC never interviews someone from Burnley who is well spoken and from an affluent area, thats what i'm taking about, giving the town the impression it is racist, when the vast majority arent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    giving the town the impression it is racist, when the vast majority arent.

But they [the BNP] were elected democratically (i.e. majority)?

(I know you said something about another section or something earlier but didn't get it...)

ReputationRep:
    It seems ludicrous to try and justify this but in my opinion they are singled out unfairly. Yes they are racist, but the other parties go to such lengths to condemn them in order to appear completely anti-racist that its really quite silly. They'd surely be better served treating the BNP like any other party and exposing holes in their policies and showing them up for what they really are rather than simply screaming "whatever you do don't vote BNP for God's sake, people will start to think we're all racist!"

That's not what I'm saying. I have read their policies and anyone with a bit of noggin (ooo like that word) can see that they are flawed and discriminatory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    But they [the BNP] were elected democratically (i.e. majority)?

(I know you said something about another section or something earlier but didn't get it...)

Yes they were. Its a very long story but basically people did it for a protest vote. To cut a long story short, lots of money went into poor areas over the past two decades to improve them. Which is fair enough, its just they havent improved at all, just got worst. WHilst all this money was being spent on pointless projects, the more affluent areas got neglected. Result = vote for BNP who claim they will put money back into affluent areas. The BNP have delivered, so dont expect them to be booted outa at the next election.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but they've been voted in in places. So either those people are dumb and easily taken in or are racist.

I'm beginning to feel increasingly alone defending the BNPs right to free speech and a level political playing field while disagreeing with their racist agenda

Again, the people who vote for the BNP in the most part are not dumb, racist or easily taken in. Read my previous post. The people who vote for the BNP are affluent educated people in Burnley.

I agree with you totally on your second paragragh. Some of what the BNp say is complety valid, its just some of their points are not...rather like the current government then

ReputationRep:
    Lets agree to disagree. If you want to live in a country that is increasingly contaminated with filth and parasitic cancer that is up to you. But there are people who are determined not let it continue, and nobody can get in their way. Your opinions are irrelevant. The fight goes on...

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with some points here. In the beginning the Labour party were there to represent the "working classes" so may I ask whilst they are busy sending their civil servants on "Diversity Awareness" courses, "Team-building" excercises and "Sexual Harassment" seminars what were they doing for Joe Bloggs that can't even afford to pay his council tax bill, working 2 jobs because the government is spending all his hard earned cash on such stupid courses that only highlight the problems that we are already aware of, so he puts up the council tax and other various taxes in order to pay for it. When poor Joe Blogg's sister is told she needs medical treatment and she goes on a list whilst asylum seekers and refugees are being treated on our NHS after the Blogg's family have paid every single bit that they've been asked for.
    The BNP are affliated with being racists but that's only some of the extreme cases, most of them just want a better deal for the descendents of people who have done honest hard work to get our country where it is today and should be put before anybody that has just waltzed in.

That's basically what they mean

ReputationRep:
    And before you say anything, I have been sexually harassed. I know exactly when it happens. It's when the old chef at work used to close you in the fridge with him and try to touch you up, it's when he tells your boyfriend he is a ~@^@ @:^}@ and he would make a better boyfriend for you despite being 20 years older and it's when he punches the headchef for sticking up for you after he rips your top off at a work party.
    I didn't need some damn course to tell me and get him sacked.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.