The Student Room Group

Should I leave Goldsmiths English BA for Kings Liberal Arts? PLEASE HELP!

Today has been rather crazy.
I am currently in my first year at Goldsmiths studying a BA in English Literature.
Over Christmas I started to doubt my position here and wonder whether I would have been better off somewhere else. Before I applied to Goldsmiths I looked into applying to Kings for Liberal Arts. The high entry requirements at Kings put me off and so I came here.
My final A-Level grades meant that I could have gotten onto the Liberal Arts course… and I had applied there, I could be there now.
So in January I applied for Liberal Arts at Kings and today I received and unconditional offer from them. Meaning I could start at Kings in September.
Doing the Liberal Arts course will mean much more freedom over what I study, a wider range of subjects, a place internationally acclaimed university, a chance to study abroad and much more work.
Staying here means that I get to go onto my second year, continue with Goldsmiths, probably have less pressure and stay where I know I am capable of getting a decent grade. (It also means I don’t pay an extra £9000).
I am so torn and confused. I am absolutely terrified and can’t sleep right now, everything is too overwhelming. :confused:
Please help…
Also, if anyone has studied either course and has more information… or has transferred/ started a new uni course… or has studied at both Kings and Goldsmiths PLEASE PLEASE message me!

Quick Reply

Latest