Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Today has been rather crazy.
    I am currently in my first year at Goldsmiths studying a BA in English Literature.
    Over Christmas I started to doubt my position here and wonder whether I would have been better off somewhere else. Before I applied to Goldsmiths I looked into applying to Kings for Liberal Arts. The high entry requirements at Kings put me off and so I came here.
    My final A-Level grades meant that I could have gotten onto the Liberal Arts course… and I had applied there, I could be there now.
    So in January I applied for Liberal Arts at Kings and today I received and unconditional offer from them. Meaning I could start at Kings in September.
    Doing the Liberal Arts course will mean much more freedom over what I study, a wider range of subjects, a place internationally acclaimed university, a chance to study abroad and much more work.
    Staying here means that I get to go onto my second year, continue with Goldsmiths, probably have less pressure and stay where I know I am capable of getting a decent grade. (It also means I don’t pay an extra £9000).
    I am so torn and confused. I am absolutely terrified and can’t sleep right now, everything is too overwhelming. :confused:
    Please help…
    Also, if anyone has studied either course and has more information… or has transferred/ started a new uni course… or has studied at both Kings and Goldsmiths PLEASE PLEASE message me!
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.