Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Will the graduate jobs market pick up within 2 years? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any budding economists out there willing to give an opinion? Are Cameron and Osbourne doing it right? Will graduates in 2015 stand a better chance at employment than those graduating in 3 months' time, or is there another financial crisis looming on the horizon?

ReputationRep:
    Do you even lift?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinsevenln)
    Do you even lift?
    LMAO, coming from...

"Hi there, long story short, I have 13 A level exams this summer because I slacked off and was way too lazy throughout the whole of last year and for January re-takes. It's definitely doable for me since I am the type that does grasp things fairly well, but I won't get anywhere without enough motivation to do well.

I'm aiming for at least AAA to get into my first choice university, and thought that for not only my sake, but anyone else's, that people could use this thread to dump motivational photos/quotes, or anything in general that stimulates studying, also any study-tips you might want to share. http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/4.24/i...lies/smile.png

In terms of tips to enhance studying, I'm taking one Centrum Advance multivitamin with a fish-oil capsule every day."

Have fun with your 13 exams, and your Centrum Advance multivitamin with fish oil, I'm sure that'll do the trick.

Motivational quotes...lmao. If you can't hack it on your own at A-level, god knows who's going to be there to hold your hand at uni. Think Solent might be a better choice for you than than Uni of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makebelieve15)
    LMAO, coming from...

"Hi there, long story short, I have 13 A level exams this summer because I slacked off and was way too lazy throughout the whole of last year and for January re-takes. It's definitely doable for me since I am the type that does grasp things fairly well, but I won't get anywhere without enough motivation to do well.

I'm aiming for at least AAA to get into my first choice university, and thought that for not only my sake, but anyone else's, that people could use this thread to dump motivational photos/quotes, or anything in general that stimulates studying, also any study-tips you might want to share. http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/4.24/i...lies/smile.png

In terms of tips to enhance studying, I'm taking one Centrum Advance multivitamin with a fish-oil capsule every day."

Have fun with your 13 exams, and your Centrum Advance multivitamin with fish oil, I'm sure that'll do the trick.

Motivational quotes...lmao. If you can't hack it on your own at A-level, god knows who's going to be there to hold your hand at uni. Think Solent might be a better choice for you than than Uni of.
    Yes, that's what I posted. :P

I'm just bored, sorry....

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it will be any better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any budding economists out there willing to give an opinion? Are Cameron and Osbourne doing it right? Will graduates in 2015 stand a better chance at employment than those graduating in 3 months' time, or is there another financial crisis looming on the horizon?
    Growth is forecast to start picking up in 2015, so maybe. On the other hand, forecasts have proven to be pretty unreliable in recent years and even if the economy does start to pick up, it doesn't necessarily mean that will translate into graduate jobs.

ReputationRep:
    We have the potential of a triple dip recession depending on this quarters growth statistics.

There is no government job creation strategy. There is large retailers closing down/cutting stores and public sector cuts are still on going.

Straight forward answer very unlikely the graduate job market will improve.

The more depressing answer is that chances are the job market will be worse and on top of that the quality of life for the majority of us will decrease as the wealth divide grows ever bigger.

I have been unemployed for 5 months and finally got my first job interview for a part time job at Subway in an hour. 5 months job hunting which resulted in about 4 email responses turning down my applications (normally from grad schemes/entry level jobs) and 1 job interview. I really hope I get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politics Student)
    We have the potential of a triple dip recession depending on this quarters growth statistics.

There is no government job creation strategy. There is large retailers closing down/cutting stores and public sector cuts are still on going.

Straight forward answer very unlikely the graduate job market will improve.

The more depressing answer is that chances are the job market will be worse and on top of that the quality of life for the majority of us will decrease as the wealth divide grows ever bigger.

I have been unemployed for 5 months and finally got my first job interview for a part time job at Subway in an hour. 5 months job hunting which resulted in about 4 email responses turning down my applications (normally from grad schemes/entry level jobs) and 1 job interview. I really hope I get it.
    I hope you got the job!

It's awfully grim isn't it. Just keep applying and hopefully someone gives you the chance.

Personally, I don't think things will pick up until at least 2017.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you got the job!

It's awfully grim isn't it. Just keep applying and hopefully someone gives you the chance.

Personally, I don't think things will pick up until at least 2017.
    Very grim.

Well they had over 100 applications for that 16 hour a week subway job and shortlisted to 6 for interview. I got the phone call to find out I did not get the job.

Still at least it was good interview practice.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.