Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Should I drop college to do Apprenticeships ? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently at AS year right now, and I wonder if is it good way to drop out of college, because I currently study Math and Double IT end of AS year I think i will get (B for M (or A if I lucky) and DD for IT) but I also thinking about drop my AS year to do full A Level qualifications.
    Now, I just thought about apprenticeships, I don't might about go to school or work but I kind a older than the rest 2 yrs in my college and english is my second language.

I thinking about business apprenticeship but I don't know what I should do?
    . continues to do Math and Double IT
    . Do A-Level again with Math, Business, Graphic Illustration, Textiles
    . Apprenticeships ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NKenny)
    I'm currently at AS year right now, and I wonder if is it good way to drop out of college, because I currently study Math and Double IT end of AS year I think i will get (B for M (or A if I lucky) and DD for IT) but I also thinking about drop my AS year to do full A Level qualifications.
    Now, I just thought about apprenticeships, I don't might about go to school or work but I kind a older than the rest 2 yrs in my college and english is my second language.

. Apprenticeships ?
    Why don't you stick it out, drop double IT at the end of the year and just pick up business, graphics and textiles whilst in A2? Else you'll just be restarting maths again..

If you know what type of apprenticeship you want look at some and ask about them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smudge_moon)
    Why don't you stick it out, drop double IT at the end of the year and just pick up business, graphics and textiles whilst in A2? Else you'll just be restarting maths again..

If you know what type of apprenticeship you want look at some and ask about them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup. I will start my A-Level again, which is do my math again (waste 1yr but I don't want later on I will regret becauses of it)
    drop double IT and math then in the end of the AS year. i will get B(A) in AS math. DD in IT ( or Dict in one BTEC )

Well if I redo my A level then. math, business, textiles and grahpic is the subject i will pick.

I don't know if it is the good ideas to drop out of college or not

ReputationRep:
    Yup. I will start my A-Level again, which is do my math again (waste 1yr but I don't want later on I will regret becauses of it)
    drop double IT and math then in the end of the AS year. i will get B(A) in AS math. DD in IT ( or Dict in one BTEC )

Well if I redo my A level then. math, business, textiles and grahpic is the subject i will pick.

I don't know if it is the good ideas to drop out of college or not
    You don't need to start again though!! If you still want to do your maths, finish AS maths, then carry onto A2 but pick up business textiles and graphs at AS as well. Loads of people do another AS at college and stay for a 3rd year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

. Apprenticeships ?
    Id carry on with the courses you are doing now, and carry them on until the end of the school year, so at least you stil have some qualifications out of it.
    In the meantime, look into apprentiships. See what there is out there, and maybe start applying for them if you see any that interest you.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.