Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is it realistically doable to go and come back from london in 1 day from where i live Watch

ReputationRep:
    I live in lancashire, northwest. My friends in central london are starting a small football team and they will be having a footy match once every month. They have invited me to be a player in the team. So do u think I will be able to travel to london to get there at 2pm then stay there till about 6pm then return to lancashire, all in one day. (usually saturday)

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course - will you be going by train or driving.

I used to live in Rochdale and regularly travelled down to Greenwich - it takes about 4-5 hours if the traffic if OK.

You will be knackered though.

If you take the train it will be easier but quite expensive. The alternative is to take the coach - much cheaper, you are at the whim of the traffic as well, but it would work out the best value.

ReputationRep:
    Driving? Train? Personal helicopter?
    What are your options? Lancashire is a big place, how far from motorways or main line train stations are you?
    Can you afford to do this?
    Will you be so knackered by the time you get there that you are in no fit state to play?

More info is needed to be able to give you an answer, but it doesn't sound particularly feasible to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by windo)
    I live in lancashire, northwest. My friends in central london are starting a small football team and they will be having a footy match once every month. They have invited me to be a player in the team. So do u think I will be able to travel to london to get there at 2pm then stay there till about 6pm then return to lancashire, all in one day. (usually saturday)
    The train timetable would probably allow you to do it, and you could certainly drive it if you have wheels.
    But you'll miss the parties post-match debriefs afterwards - why not doss on someone's floor and return on Sunday?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind paying £60 in petrol or £80 for a train ticket it is possible, albeit you'll be knackered and travel lag might effect your performance.

ReputationRep:
    It is doable, yes. Though it could be costly and you might be tired if you don't have an early night the night before etc but that is your concern. You asked whether or not it is doable and the answer to that question is yes

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.