Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

I need help picking a new Anime! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been watching Fushigi Yuugi but I really need some others to watch.... Help?

ReputationRep:
    I've also watched Deathnote, Shiki and Elemental Gelade....

ReputationRep:
    I really love Death Note! On that basis, I'd recommend D.Gray-man - it's also quite dark and follows a young boy as he sets out to defeat a demonic army and its leader.
    And going on Elemental Gelade, perhaps My-HiME or D.N.Angel. They're both two of the my first and favourite anime I've watched!

ReputationRep:
    Jojos Bizzare Adventure, it's so good. Seriously you will not be disappointed. New but one of the best I've ever seen. Hell even the credits and opening are amazing.

http://mudasubs.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtGDSZie5I

SERIOUSLY AMAZING.

Animation, pacing, storyline, characters, it has everything. I'd also recommend it to anyone who comes across this thread, since it's quite new. Although the Manga has been out for decades, and there have been OVAs also/

ReputationRep:
    If you liked Death Note you might like Bakuman.. it's by the same creators, and whilst I haven't watched it myself, my boyfriend is a huge Death Note fan and he completely raves about it!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was an enjoyable watch, and I agree with SakuraTotoro's recommendation of D.Gray-man (: I'm not sure what to recommend.. what sort of anime do you usually watch/ find yourself drawn to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SakuraTotoro)
    I really love Death Note! On that basis, I'd recommend D.Gray-man - it's also quite dark and follows a young boy as he sets out to defeat a demonic army and its leader.
    And going on Elemental Gelade, perhaps My-HiME or D.N.Angel. They're both two of the my first and favourite anime I've watched!
    yeah i need to look at them they look AMAZING!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Jojos Bizzare Adventure, it's so good. Seriously you will not be disappointed. New but one of the best I've ever seen. Hell even the credits and opening are amazing.

http://mudasubs.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtGDSZie5I

SERIOUSLY AMAZING.

Animation, pacing, storyline, characters, it has everything. I'd also recommend it to anyone who comes across this thread, since it's quite new. Although the Manga has been out for decades, and there have been OVAs also/
    (Original post by LCanFlyy)
    If you liked Death Note you might like Bakuman.. it's by the same creators, and whilst I haven't watched it myself, my boyfriend is a huge Death Note fan and he completely raves about it!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was an enjoyable watch, and I agree with SakuraTotoro's recommendation of D.Gray-man (: I'm not sure what to recommend.. what sort of anime do you usually watch/ find yourself drawn to?
    Fullmetal alchemist.. i ve read the manga but i'll try the anime too

And jojos bizarre adventure sounds good too thanks!

ReputationRep:
    if you liked Death Note then i recommend Code Geass and Mirai Nikki :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    if you liked Death Note then i recommend Code Geass and Mirai Nikki :yep:
    I've literally never heard of them but they do look good so I'll try them out.... WOW! I have loads to watch now

ReputationRep:
    Fate/Zero-MUST
    Guilty Crown-MUST
    Sword art onoline-MUST

and if u like ecchi and action-High schol of the dead, has really good acton scenes not to mention the Animation is great

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for a total change of tone, if you haven't seen it yet, do do do watch "The World God Only Knows". Not the most complex plot, but it makes up for it by being one of the most hilarious animes I've ever watched. Also, I second what Taiga (eugenius) said!

ReputationRep:
    Ok ive been watching anime for a while now and ive seen so many to the point where theres no good ones to watch and resorted to reading manga.

SWORD ART ONLINE
    GUILTY CROWN
    FATE/ZERO
    DEATH NOTE
    STEINS GATE

Theres a lot more but those are just the must watch

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hang on a sec, why didn't I recommend Black Butler!? That stuff is gothicky, alternate universe Victoriana, about a boy who made a demonic pact for revenge. And it is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    code geass all the way

ReputationRep:
    YOU HAVE TO WATCH CODE GEASS!!!!

lol well you don't have to but imo it's one of the best animes ever!!!

ReputationRep:
    I watched Code Geass. Didn't like; thought it was overrated.

I'd recommend Cowboy Bebop though.

ReputationRep:
    Cowboy Bebop :love:

Also Hellsing, I don't care what anyone says - it's fantastic :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Jigoku Shoujo, if you're into the darker side of things like Death Note. The first few episodes are (intentionally) a little repetitive as it sets the scene, but the story soon comes out and it's one of my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what some people said above: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and D.Grayman are awesome! Make sure you watch Brotherhood, though, and not the other one... >:|
    Also, Clannad, Natsume Yuujinchou, Durarara and Baccano are all really good. Though I guess that depends on your tastes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Elfen Lied.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.