The Student Room Group

The Muslim Brotherhood is nuts

Have you guys read this statement regarding the 'End Violence Against Women' bill the UN would like to pass by The Muslim Brotherhood (who are the ruling party in power in Egypt)? I honestly thought it was a parody article until I realized I was on the Brotherhood's official website:

http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=30731

Some of my favorite parts:
"Granting girls full sexual freedom, as well as the freedom to decide their own gender and the gender of their partners (ie, choose to have normal or homo- sexual relationships), while raising the age of marriage."

"Giving wives full rights to file legal complaints against husbands accusing them of rape or sexual harassment.."

"Replacing guardianship with partnership, and full sharing of roles within the family between men and women such as: spending, child care and home chores."

And they conclude with:

"These are destructive tools meant to undermine the family as an important institution; they would subvert the entire society, and drag it to pre-Islamic ignorance.
In conclusion, we call on women's organizations to commit to their religion and morals of their communities and the foundations of good social life and not be deceived with misleading calls to decadent modernization and paths of subversive immorality."

Can't decide whether to laugh at how insane they sound or lapse into depression because people like this actually have power over an entire country.

Scroll to see replies

You wonder why Mubarak used tanks against them?
Reply 2
xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Are you surprised? Everyone knew what the Muslim Brotherhood were before they were in power.

None of these new Islamic regimes will be any freer than the dictators they overthrew. They're all different sides of the same coin. Regressive, authoritarian regimes. Just one took their vinidcation from their power, the other takes it from a 1400 year old book.
Freedom to decide their own gender? lmao

Most women in Egypt would probably feel insulted at that and think MB's being too kind with their response.

edit: Just realised this probably is a parody [I mean, whether the UN actually said this or not]. After reading it in full [ie. Homosexuals, prostitution respect, only girls want sexual freedom [huge generalisation against the men and a disrespect against both Egypts culture and religious values] etc. I don't think you would need MB to have to tell the UN to get lost.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TheBlocter

http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=30731

Some of my favorite parts:
"Granting girls full sexual freedom, as well as the freedom to decide their own gender and the gender of their partners (ie, choose to have normal or homo- sexual relationships), while raising the age of marriage."

An insult to all Christian and Muslim inhabitants of Egypt who are 99.% of the inhabitants wanting to follow their faith.

"Giving wives full rights to file legal complaints against husbands accusing them of rape or sexual harassment.."

Do they not have this?

"Replacing guardianship with partnership, and full sharing of roles within the family between men and women such as: spending, child care and home chores."

A family can do this, You know how?

Negotiating.

And they conclude with:

"These are destructive tools meant to undermine the family as an important institution; they would subvert the entire society, and drag it to pre-Islamic ignorance.
In conclusion, we call on women's organizations to commit to their religion and morals of their communities and the foundations of good social life and not be deceived with misleading calls to decadent modernization and paths of subversive immorality."

I think the above response is too kind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
You think the Muslim brotherhood is nuts? Look at what Scientology do and the **** they believe in.

They dropped a H-bomb in a volcano! Seriously?! And then force ghosts to watch films in 'three-D'!
Reply 7

This goes against islam and christianity which make up a great majority of egypt´s population.
This is an insult to muslims and christians if you ask me!

I thought they already had this right. If not, then I support the UN in this.

This is a family affair, which can be solved through communication between husband and wife.
I´m personally in favour of equalsharing of roles within the family.

And they conclude with:

Since it´s a muslim country with a predominantly muslim community I think they got this right, and I think the majority of egyptians would agree with them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Perseveranze
Freedom to decide their own gender? lmao

You do know that gender is different from the sex you're born into? Gender is masculinity and femininity vs male or female sex. I'm not sure what amused you there but I thought I'd clarify anyway.

Original post by Perseveranze
Most women in Egypt would probably feel insulted at that and think MB's being too kind with their response.

edit: Just realised this probably is a parody [I mean, whether the UN actually said this or not]. After reading it in full [ie. Homosexuals, prostitution respect, only girls want sexual freedom [huge generalisation against the men and a disrespect against both Egypts culture and religious values] etc. I don't think you would need MB to have to tell the UN to get lost.

What gives you the authority to say that? What is insulting about allowing someone the freedom to decide who they would like to be without the threat of a death penalty or discrimination? Honestly, as a Pakistani woman whose government has a somewhat similar stance on gender equality, I fully support the UN bill and any legislature that forces the world to treat woman with respect and allow them the right to live their lives as they choose.

Original post by TheFrozenLake.
An insult to all Christian and Muslim inhabitants of Egypt who are 99.% of the inhabitants wanting to follow their faith.

A family can do this, You know how?
Negotiating.

I think the above response is too kind.

Original post by Ali-Iraq94
This goes against islam and christianity which make up a great majority of egypt´s population.
This is an insult to muslims and christians if you ask me!

I find it difficult to believe that basic human rights go against religious values. Aren't religions supposed to be the epitome of morality?

As for your insistence that families can work those things out themselves: Have you been to Egypt or a strict muslim country lately? These things do not 'work themselves out' except in the educated, wealthy portion of the population. Who will speak for the poor village girls whose husbands decide what they do and say and wear? There would be no need for the UN to address the issue had it not been an actual problem. Your naivete at the stark realities of the developing world is astonishing.

If you read the entire document it also speaks about treating marital rape as a crime and removing the husband's consent for matters such as work, travel or contraception. Basic human rights

I shouldn't be surprised at apparently sane rational people defending the sort of ridiculous nonsense the Brotherhood spits out, but I am.
Reply 9
Original post by Willbean
You think the Muslim brotherhood is nuts? Look at what Scientology do and the **** they believe in.

They dropped a H-bomb in a volcano! Seriously?! And then force ghosts to watch films in 'three-D'!

Y'mean like Anakin, Yoda and Obi? :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Skip_Snip
Y'mean like Anakin, Yoda and Obi? :wink:

Scary thing is that I'm bloody serious, look at 'Thetans'. They actually believe aliens dropped a hydrogen bomb into a volcano.

Spread **** about them and they attempt to ruin your life using some real nasty tricks like ruining your reputation and
spreading lies.

And I don't mean force as in the ability force. I mean force ghosts agaisnt their will to watch religious films. In 3-D.
Reply 11
Socially-backward lunatics.
What can I say? Islamic governments are all primitive.
Reply 13
Original post by Azarimanka
What can I say? Islamic governments are all primitive.

To be fair in many cases that sententence works without the word government
choose to have normal or homo- sexual relationships

Nice one.
Original post by Skip_Snip
To be fair in many cases that sententence works without the word government

We could just say Theocracies. It's just that in the modern and civilised world the Christians/Jews/Hindus and everyone else, *do not seek to have theocratic government* (Deep south loonies excluded).
Reply 16
Original post by Azarimanka
We could just say Theocracies. It's just that in the modern and civilised world the Christians/Jews/Hindus and everyone else, *do not seek to have theocratic government* (Deep south loonies excluded).

Haha yes, that's a much fairer way of putting it :P
I dont get it, surely the response is expected?

Just because you live in a country that accepts it, doesnt mean you denounce other countries if they dont.

Freedom to choose their own gender? You REALLY think any country from that part of the world is obliged to accept it?

Reality check.
The Muslim Brotherhood is nuts.

Oh God! Jumping Jesus, you've totally changed my perspective on the world!
I wonder where all the usual muslim apologists are on this thread,...:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending