Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from KCl, Newcastle and Nottingham I am currently struggling to come to a decision as each has its pros.

Kcl - great resources, in central London, offers dissection

Newcastle - student life, great city

Nottingham - campus, accommodation, offers dissection

would appreciate any help in making this decision from people with experience of these unis or from those who have made a similar decision.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I am making a similar decision between Newcastle/KCL/Southampton.

I'm almost certain I'll go with Newcastle. As crazy as it might sound, I instantly felt most at home there when I visited the university - have you been to look around them all? Cost was a big thing swaying me away from KCL, too, as well as the (slightly daunting, for a non-Londoner) idea of having to find my own housing right from the start.

On another note - I think you can do a whole body dissection as an SSC in your third year at Newcastle if that is something that particularly interests you.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I meant third year for GEP, fourth year for 5-year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maisie1)
    I have offers from KCl, Newcastle and Nottingham I am currently struggling to come to a decision as each has its pros.

Kcl - great resources, in central London, offers dissection

Newcastle - student life, great city

Nottingham - campus, accommodation, offers dissection

would appreciate any help in making this decision from people with experience of these unis or from those who have made a similar decision.

Thank you!
    I'm in a similar position; I hold offers from King's and Newcastle (rejected from notts, sad times). While Newcastle has all sorts of bonuses, finding out that you don't do dissection as standard seems like a bit of a deal breaker. The way I'm thinking of making my decision is based on this: I want to spend my career travelling around the world, so this could be my only chance to experience life in London before going off adventuring. What is your current line of thought?

ReputationRep:
    I go to a university with dissection (Sheffield) and I personally find it boring as hell. I wouldn't really base a uni choice on dissection, I think there are more important factors involved.

ReputationRep:
    I have visited them all, Both my sisters went to Nottingham so I feel quite at home there. I haven't had that gut feeling on which one is for me, I also didn't apply with my heart set on any particular uni. I am attracted to the surgical side of medicine, so I am interested in doing dissection, however it is not a deal breaker for me.

I love London and would ultimately like to end up there post uni, as the city offers so much don't think i would get bored spending 5 years there! However on the social side I much prefer Newcastle or Nottingham. I'm so undecided.

ReputationRep:
    difficult. Is anyone going to the King's open day on the 3rd of April, or the Newcastle one on the 12th of April?
    Also, in terms of cost for London, a med friend at Imperial has said that you need about £290 a week for accommodation, food, entertainment and travel. She is in private accom. in the middle of zone one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy123b)
    difficult. Is anyone going to the King's open day on the 3rd of April, or the Newcastle one on the 12th of April?
    Also, in terms of cost for London, a med friend at Imperial has said that you need about £290 a week for accommodation, food, entertainment and travel. She is in private accom. in the middle of zone one.
    I'm going to king's that day. I have offers from manchester, KCL and Newcastle and waiting to hear from Nottingham. If Notts reject me I'll probably go to manchester though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy123b)
    Im going to both, feel like I'm leaning this decision quite late.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.