The Student Room Group

The official Deloitte representative thread

Hi Everyone,

Kate and Sunil here from the Deloitte Graduate Recruitment team.

Feel free to drop us any questions or queries you have here

Look forward to hearing from you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi just wondering about the spring programme, I got a place on the London programme and it says something about being fast tracked for the summer internship. Is everyone on the programme fast tracked or is it a select few who impress on those days?
Thanks
Original post by -Liberty
Hi just wondering about the spring programme, I got a place on the London programme and it says something about being fast tracked for the summer internship. Is everyone on the programme fast tracked or is it a select few who impress on those days?
Thanks

Hi Liberty

At the end of the scheme everyone will be provided the opportunity to have an interview to go straight on to our summer vacation scheme for the following summer. This means that you wouldn't have to reapply and complete the process again but just sit one interview and if successful join our summer scheme.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Kate
Reply 3
Original post by Deloitte UK
Hi Liberty

At the end of the scheme everyone will be provided the opportunity to have an interview to go straight on to our summer vacation scheme for the following summer. This means that you wouldn't have to reapply and complete the process again but just sit one interview and if successful join our summer scheme.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Kate

Hi Kate,
That's awesome. Would they be able to interview for another office or would it have to be at the same one as their spring programme?
Original post by -Liberty
Hi Kate,
That's awesome. Would they be able to interview for another office or would it have to be at the same one as their spring programme?

Generally we would encourage you to apply to the office that the event is held at but we can be flexible where needed.

Thanks

Kate
Reply 5
Hello,

Well i dont have any graduation or A-levels...
I joined Certified Accounting Technician(CAT) course after my O-levels and then ACCA after completing my CAT..
Now, after passing my ACCA papers, im eligible for 12 exemptions out of ACA 15 papers...
ill be attempting the 2 TI papers in november 2013.. which, if i hopefully pass, ill just be left with the case study.

All my studies have been independently so far.

So i wanted to ask that is there any program for ACA training contract for a student like me?
and will you consider hiring a person of my situation.

Altough i dont have any graduation or A-levels...ill almost be done with both ACCA and ACA...i wont cost you any tution or exam fees and provide un-interruped work for the firm during my training contract.

p.s. im a pakistani national and will be an overseas student. im not currently in the UK.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Deloitte Interview

[INDENT]I am hoping for some advice on the below please...thank you in advance.

I have recently applied for an audit position in Reading for Deloitte and I have passed all the online assessments and have got through to the interview stage...I however got an email saying due to limited remaining vacancies and interviews already scheduled I am unable to have an interview scheduled until all the interviews already booked have been conducted and if there are still vacancies existing...(i.e. if not enough of the people interviewed get offered jobs to fill the vacancies).

- How long will it take for me to hear back if I get an interview approx.?
- What is the likelihood of me being offered an interview...as I have been told that most people who get to the interview stage are very good and are generally employed?

Thank you again.
[/INDENT]
Reply 7
Hello Kate and Paul,

I have a few questions for you. I graduated last year with a degree in maths and I'm working at the moment. I'm new to my role but I wonder what significance it would have if I left at the end of my probation period. How would you view this on my CV, and would this impact be detrimental to an application? I want to take some time away from work and go on holiday for a while before I settle into another role, in an environment I will enjoy.

On a related topic, are unemployment gaps on a CV after graduation acceptable, considering the economic climate?

So, two questions:
1. My situation specifically, and leaving my job voluntary and what impact that will have.
2. Gaps on anyone's CV in general, and whether employers are more sympathetic to graduates.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
A
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Xzan23
Hello,

Well i dont have any graduation or A-levels...
I joined Certified Accounting Technician(CAT) course after my O-levels and then ACCA after completing my CAT..
Now, after passing my ACCA papers, im eligible for 12 exemptions out of ACA 15 papers...
ill be attempting the 2 TI papers in november 2013.. which, if i hopefully pass, ill just be left with the case study.

All my studies have been independently so far.

So i wanted to ask that is there any program for ACA training contract for a student like me?
and will you consider hiring a person of my situation.

Altough i dont have any graduation or A-levels...ill almost be done with both ACCA and ACA...i wont cost you any tution or exam fees and provide un-interruped work for the firm during my training contract.

p.s. im a pakistani national and will be an overseas student. im not currently in the UK.

Hi there,

Unfortunately for our graduate programme you are required to meet certain academic requirements. However with your past experience and completed studies you may be more suitable for an experienced hire role at Deloitte. To find out about the opportunities available you can visit our job search page on the website at http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-UK/results/c/United-Kingdom/a/Experienced-Professionals/n/10

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Kate
Original post by Aaraeus
Hello Kate and Paul,

I have a few questions for you. I graduated last year with a degree in maths and I'm working at the moment. I'm new to my role but I wonder what significance it would have if I left at the end of my probation period. How would you view this on my CV, and would this impact be detrimental to an application? I want to take some time away from work and go on holiday for a while before I settle into another role, in an environment I will enjoy.

On a related topic, are unemployment gaps on a CV after graduation acceptable, considering the economic climate?

So, two questions:
1. My situation specifically, and leaving my job voluntary and what impact that will have.
2. Gaps on anyone's CV in general, and whether employers are more sympathetic to graduates.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
A

Hi there,

In answer to your questions above I would firstly say that choosing to leave a role of your own accord isn't considered as detrimental, however future employers may expect you to be able to explain your reasons for leaving and demonstrate genuine motivation and commitment to the new role you are applying to.

In relation to gaps on your CV this isn't really of great concern, as long as you are able to demonstrate that you have done something constructive with your time. Many graduates still choose to take time out before starting their career and as such gaps are acceptable.

Hope this helps!

Kate
Original post by RoseyPort
Deloitte Interview
I am hoping for some advice on the below please...thank you in advance.

I have recently applied for an audit position in Reading for Deloitte and I have passed all the online assessments and have got through to the interview stage...I however got an email saying due to limited remaining vacancies and interviews already scheduled I am unable to have an interview scheduled until all the interviews already booked have been conducted and if there are still vacancies existing...(i.e. if not enough of the people interviewed get offered jobs to fill the vacancies).

- How long will it take for me to hear back if I get an interview approx.?
- What is the likelihood of me being offered an interview...as I have been told that most people who get to the interview stage are very good and are generally employed?

Thank you again.

Hi Rosey,

Thanks for your query. I can appreciate it can be frustrating waiting to hear whether your application will be progressed. I can confirm that there are 2 vacancies remaining in Core-Audit in Reading and we are continuing to process applications, one by one, until the remaining positions are filled. As you have highlighted it is hard to confirm how long this will take or whether you will be interviewed as we cannot predict whether candidates will be successful/unsuccessful at interview. We do however hope to be able to fill in the remaining vacancies in the next 2/3 weeks.

Kind Regards

Kate
Reply 11
Hi,

I'm currently doing my as exams, when do you recommend that I start applying? And does this profession require giving presentations (in front of people)?

Thank You
Hello Kate and Paul,

I have a few questions for you. I got unconditional offer from:

1-SOAS , University of London : MSc Finance and Financial Law
2- Queen Marry ,University of London: MSc Accounting and Finance

[N.B. : I hold a BBA in Management]

1. Which program shall I choose if I want to pursue a career in consulting ?
2. Is it possible for international students to get training from Deloitte ?

I will be thankful for your help

Regards,
Handsome Hunter
Hello, I'm thinking of applying to deloitte audit but it seems all you have left is places very far out such as Guernsey and jersey. Is there any special benefits that are given to graduates placed there such as longer holidays or increased pay?
Reply 14
hello,

i have offers from ucl for economics and statistics and imperial for mathematics.
i was wondering which course shall i choose in order to pursue a career at Deloitte.

thanks in advance
Hi there

We accept applications from all universities and degree disciplines so either of those!

We offer training and development for all of our graduates.

Thanks and good luck

Kate

Original post by HandsomeHunter
Hello Kate and Paul,

I have a few questions for you. I got unconditional offer from:

1-SOAS , University of London : MSc Finance and Financial Law
2- Queen Marry ,University of London: MSc Accounting and Finance

[N.B. : I hold a BBA in Management]

1. Which program shall I choose if I want to pursue a career in consulting ?
2. Is it possible for international students to get training from Deloitte ?

I will be thankful for your help

Regards,
Handsome Hunter
Hi Feds92

We accept applications from all degree disciplines and universities you will just need to ensure that you meet our academic requirements in order to apply!

Good luck

Kate

Original post by Feds92
hello,

i have offers from ucl for economics and statistics and imperial for mathematics.
i was wondering which course shall i choose in order to pursue a career at Deloitte.

thanks in advance
Original post by SFeet
Hi,

I'm currently doing my as exams, when do you recommend that I start applying? And does this profession require giving presentations (in front of people)?

Thank You

Hi there,

If you are planning to apply to our BrightStart school leaver programme you can start applying now for an Autumn 2014 start! It is likely that in the interview process you will need to present to the interviewer and we offer great training and development for presentation skills.

Good luck!

Kate
Reply 18
Original post by Deloitte UK
Hi there,

If you are planning to apply to our BrightStart school leaver programme you can start applying now for an Autumn 2014 start! It is likely that in the interview process you will need to present to the interviewer and we offer great training and development for presentation skills.

Good luck!

Kate

Thank you for this reply, I will be applying soon, I'm terrible at giving presentations, I shake and get incredibly nervous, would you be able to help on that or is it just a disadvantage to myself?
Reply 19
Hi, I am currently applying for the 2014 Brighstart scheme. When is the deadline for online applications?

Quick Reply

Latest