Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

I need a dark theme for my story. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampoon)
    I don't mean to sound overly harsh but hasn't this basic plot-line been done many times before? I can think of Hostel, Taken and Farcry of the top of my head.
    Like I said, all plots are rehashed really haven't they? And who doesn't love Liam Neeson?

Never watched Hostel, don't really like torture films, I just don't like the detail they go into. It''s too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willbean)
    Ok, this story I made has all the small details such as characters and themes.

I just need an idea for a plot.

For inspirations I've used The Lord of The Flies, Heart of Darkness and the film with Tom Hanks in when he talks to the basketball a long with Taken.

I've looked on Wikipedia into crimes against Humanity and ideas such as kidnap and sold into sexual slavery, organ trafficking, slave labor, forced prostitution and genocide.

I'm looking for something perhaps more sinister but I like the idea of Organ trafficking and forced to be involved in an ongoing genocide so they won't be killed themselves.

The basic plot is really 4 British exchange students who end up kidnapped and are nearly forced into this, but obviously escaping. But to survive and get away, they need to join their captors which I'm still thinking if they are a crime ring, pirates etc to not be seen as suspicious.

So I really want to get into how just typical students/average people deal with their situation, the crimes against Humanity they commit just to survive and how it affects them and that they become just as bad or even worse than their captors.

A location idea would be great but I could be looking into Africa as a possible setting. Either way, the location itself needs to be lawless, they are alone and no help is coming. A sense of helplessness is required in the location like an island or something. Maybe a lesser known country.

Something that strikes fear into anyone, no monsters are needed. Mexico drug war for example, people being beheaded for minor things, massacre's, being a drug mule or family threatened with death. I want something like that, true adult fear.
    Self preservation first, conscience later, unless you wish to give a character an honourable death.

ReputationRep:
    a powercut?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.