Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been an avid writer basically since I started primary school and I have a story which I've been working for a couple of years now and is almost finished. I was wondering how I could get it published and how the system works?

ReputationRep:
    You send a query letter to a literary agent, preferably one who openly welcomes speculative submissions.

Query letters are normally of a very specific format and you should research this area before submitting anything. You should also check the literary agents guidelines for submission.

I would wait until you have a finished novel before thinking about submitting it though. Saying that the novel is unfinished could be just enough to make an agent or publisher throw the letter away.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.