Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've received all my responses on UCAS - four offers (Economics at Warwick, Nottingham, Exeter and Economics and Business with East European Studies at UCL) and one rejection (Economics at LSE). Exeter has the lowest conditions - 8.5/10 at the Romanian Baccalaureate, so it'll definitely be my insurance choice. I'm trying to figure out which one to choose as my firm between Warwick (they ask for 9.5/10) and UCL (9/10). UCL's conditions are lower, so that's a plus for it.

I know that Warwick and UCL are considered approximately equal for pure-Economics, and the decision is basically where do you want to spend your next years: in a campus-university or a big city. But unfortunately UCL's offer isn't for pure Economics, it's for Economics and Business with East European Studies (taught by the SSEES department), so I think Economics at Warwick could be considered more prestigious as a degree?

At UCL I won't be able to completely avoid the "with East European Studies" part, and the lectureres aren't the same ones who teach pure Economics. They are still brilliant from what I've heard, though. I chose to apply for this course at UCL mostly because of the prestige (I didn't apply for pure-Economics because they set an almost-impossible-to-meet offer - 100% in my Maths exam). I'm not 100% interested to study about Eastern Europe, but I think I could manage the compulsory modules easily.

Job wise, I'm interested in finance, and I know UCL and Warwick are both targets, so I don't see how this could make a difference. I'm still unsure about where I want to study - at a campus-uni or a city-uni, but I'll figure this out soon.

How should I make this decision?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know how touch the Romanian Baccalaureate is but I would say firm Warwick and insure UCL. There is a fairly big difference between UCL and Exeter. But if you have your heart set on coming to the UK to study then it may be best to insure Exeter. Also I wouldn't worry about the lectures at UCL. You do modules in your degree and all of your modules for economics will be the same as someone just studying economics (I imagine).

Since its career prospects you're interested in I don't think it really matters which one you pick but if it was me I'd go for UCL.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.