- aggression
    Any suggestions will be helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josiejump)
    Does anyone have any predictions of what may come up for:
    - biological rhythms and sleep
    - aggression
    Any suggestions will be helpful
    Not sure about the other two, but my guess is either a 20 marker on institutional aggression with a 4 marker on either hormonal or neural explanations. OR a 20 marker on genetic explanations with maybe a 4 marker on outlining group display.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lalison94)
    Not sure about the other two, but my guess is either a 20 marker on institutional aggression with a 4 marker on either hormonal or neural explanations. OR a 20 marker on genetic explanations with maybe a 4 marker on outlining group display.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else finding unit 3 difficult?

Im doing eating behaviour, aggression and relationships. Any idea which questions could come up?

i'm struggling to remember all these essays + research

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darklight*)
    is anyone else finding unit 3 difficult?

Im doing eating behaviour, aggression and relationships. Any idea which questions could come up?

i'm struggling to remember all these essays + research
    my teacher thinks,

aggression - institutional or biological explanations (genetics/neural and hormonal)

relationships - culture or maintenance!

I'm sooooooo scared!!! haha!!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawnyoung24)
    Does anyone have an example essay on the breakdown of relationships? Does it include the maintenance theory like slt and equity theory?
    I think for breakdown the best explanations are;
    Duck's three reasons - lack of motivation, lack of skills and maintenance difficulties
    Duck and Rollie's model of breakdown

You may be able to bring in the maintenance theories but these are what i've learnt for breakdown

hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the predictions are for Relationships, gender and Aggression?

Also I have a query if anyone could help - in some theories when you have 2 seperate theories as AO1, i.e. breakdown of relationships - reasons for breakdown + rollie and duck model - would you outline theory 1 then do supporting, then challenging evidence for AO2 for theory 1, then outline theory 2 then do supporting and challenging evidence for theory 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanishovenfork)
    Does anyone know what the predictions are for Relationships, gender and Aggression?

Also I have a query if anyone could help - in some theories when you have 2 seperate theories as AO1, i.e. breakdown of relationships - reasons for breakdown + rollie and duck model - would you outline theory 1 then do supporting, then challenging evidence for AO2 for theory 1, then outline theory 2 then do supporting and challenging evidence for theory 2?
    my teacher predicted,

relationships - culture/maintenance
    aggression - institutional/ biological explanations (genetics/neural and hormonal)

And that's what I would do and then do a couple of IDA paragraphs at the end unless they are specific to just one theory , that's not to say that's the right thing to do though!! Just what I would do!

Hope that helps!!! Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Hiii guys I need help with IDA for Kohlbergs theory and gender schema theory, does anyone have a clue about what you should use as IDA? Im kinda lost ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mezzy07)

For PSYA4 im doing: Schizophrenia, Media & Research Methods

Hey, i'm doing media too - how is your prep for media? do you have any predictions? I quite like how media tends to 'stick' into my memory more, but its quite big of a topic in comparison to the anxiety disorders bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    I have uploaded an essay on breakdown of relationships awarded A* - 23/24. Here's the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...6&d=1370445731 It includes Duck's model and Social Exchange Theory.
    Thank you for this!
    This is really reassuring as my essays are written similarly to that Although, I tend to try and mention more A03.

My teacher is shocking. She's never given an 'a' grade on any essays written (on principle) and marks people down for not including EVERYTHING. Frustrating because you never know where you are really at? :/

ReputationRep:
    Also could anyone tell me an IDA for institutional aggression besides the "should prisons be harsher" thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColourDog)
    Thank you for this!
    This is really reassuring as my essays are written similarly to that Although, I tend to try and mention more A03.

My teacher is shocking. She's never given an 'a' grade on any essays written (on principle) and marks people down for not including EVERYTHING. Frustrating because you never know where you are really at? :/
    cool, A03 isn't totally necessary you can still get full marks without it though. hahah, no problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    cool, A03 isn't totally necessary you can still get full marks without it though. hahah, no problem
    Are you joking???????! My teacher has always said it is a necesseity?!
    My teacher is useless.
    Urgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floratheo)
    Hiii guys I need help with IDA for Kohlbergs theory and gender schema theory, does anyone have a clue about what you should use as IDA? Im kinda lost ><
    kohlberg
    nature nurture debate
    LESS reductionist than other explanations because it considers nature and nurture

gender schema
    ignores biology and role of punishment/reinforcement=reductinist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColourDog)
    Are you joking???????! My teacher has always said it is a necesseity?!
    My teacher is useless.
    Urgh
    You could certainly add in A03 if you want but you don't need huge amounts of it. They will mainly look for nice clear A01 and contexualised A02 and IDA points. Sorry if i confused you.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone sat this exam before (PSYA3)? I'm so nervous... I did terribly in January, and am in desperate need of my A. Trying so hard! I'm doing Sleep, Relationships and Eating Behaviour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meldon94)
    Anyone sat this exam before (PSYA3)? I'm so nervous... I did terribly in January, and am in desperate need of my A. Trying so hard! I'm doing Sleep, Relationships and Eating Behaviour
    I sat it in january, doing sleep, aggression and gender

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrbus94)
    I sat it in january, doing sleep, aggression and gender
    Phew! Not the only one then, I feel better How did you find the January exam? I just found this particular exam so difficult! I mean, I get As in my other subjects, but struggle so much in psychology! Then again, I think a lot of people do because the grade boundaries are ridiculously low (such as the Jan one, 50% for a B)!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Not sure if I'll get much help here.... but for the essay 'Role of genes + hormones on Gender development' i.e. XX/XY chromosome essay for Gender PSYA3. Anyone know of any effective challenging evidence I could use? Majority of research I'm using is supporting evidence on it so I could do with creating some sort of balanced argument on it. Any help will be widely appreciated. Cheers!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.