Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how the papers are marked? How many marks are allocated for each study etc?

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a bit last minute, but my teacher sent us some essays she wrote on topics she predicted would come up - I'm doing eating behaviour, bio rhythms, relationships, schizophrenia and media!
    Hope these help someone
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc ESSAYS!!! through all topics NEW.doc (158.0 KB, 9355 views)

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity - which do people think is harder, unit 3 or 4??

I did unit 3 in Jan but I have friends who did the unit 4 in Jan and now doing unit 3...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G333)
    Just out of curiosity - which do people think is harder, unit 3 or 4??

I did unit 3 in Jan but I have friends who did the unit 4 in Jan and now doing unit 3...

Definitely PSYA3. Not only does everyone always complain about it, but you can see from the grade boundaries how difficult everyone finds it on the day too, it's usually ~50% for a B, whereas in most subjects it's 50% for a D :P

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what came up in jan 2013 in unit 3 the aggression question or does anyone have the paper .. I would be very grateful.. Thankyou

annabel

ReputationRep:
    was just wondering if it is possible that a 24 marker could come up on one explanation of group display? as i've only revised two explanations for 24 marks, confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AG1593138)
    Does anyone know what came up in jan 2013 in unit 3 the aggression question or does anyone have the paper .. I would be very grateful.. Thankyou

annabel
    aggression: Discuss evolutionary explanations of aggression including infidelity and jealousy. (24)
    Paper: http://www.resourcd.com/@psychexchange/file/show/10461
    mark scheme: http://www.resourcd.com/@psychexchange/file/show/15546

(Original post by calanna)
    was just wondering if it is possible that a 24 marker could come up on one explanation of group display? as i've only revised two explanations for 24 marks, confused :confused:
    they will only ask for evolutionary explanations of group display for 24 or 12 marks. So, you should learn two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    aggression: Discuss evolutionary explanations of aggression including infidelity and jealousy. (24)

they will only ask for evolutionary explanations of group display for 24 or 12 marks. So, you should learn two.
    Thanks so much was worrying horrible exam!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much was worrying horrible exam!
    No problem, yeah so much to learn! Good luck with your exam and everyone else who's doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)

Fairly new to this.... But thankyou so much really helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meldon94)
    Definitely PSYA3. Not only does everyone always complain about it, but you can see from the grade boundaries how difficult everyone finds it on the day too, it's usually ~50% for a B, whereas in most subjects it's 50% for a D :P
    Ah that's good, seeing as I've done it already!
    I was so shocked by the grade boundaries tbh - I thought it was a good paper :/

I suppose with unit 4 it isn't really 3 sections as research methods requires no where near the attention required for the other chapters!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have ever freaked out about an exam so much in my life until this one! PSYA3 is definitely so much harder to learn than PSYA4 :mad:

I'm doing aggression, bio rhythms & sleep and relationships. For aggression i'm thinking institutional or genetics will come up and for relationships I predict either culture influence or relationship maintenance. However I have no idea for bio rhythms, anyone any ideas?? If the endogenous pacemakers/exogenous zeitgebers bit comes up I think I may cry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCCC)
    I'm doing unit 3: Relationships, Eating Behaviour and Aggression. I'm stressing out so much, just way too much content to remember!
    Just wondering if anyone has made any predictions for these three topics?
    Im studying the same topics.. what grade are you after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life=Music)
    I don't think I have ever freaked out about an exam so much in my life until this one! PSYA3 is definitely so much harder to learn than PSYA4 :mad:

I'm doing aggression, bio rhythms & sleep and relationships. For aggression i'm thinking institutional or genetics will come up and for relationships I predict either culture influence or relationship maintenance. However I have no idea for bio rhythms, anyone any ideas?? If the endogenous pacemakers/exogenous zeitgebers bit comes up I think I may cry!
    I'm doing the same topics so hard! lifespan has never come up or exogenous zeitegebers i don't think so may be a chance of them coming up, but who knows with aqa

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same topics so hard! lifespan has never come up or exogenous zeitegebers i don't think so may be a chance of them coming up, but who knows with aqa
    Lifespan changes came up in June 2010 :P Zeitgebers and Infradian are the ones that have never come up yet

ReputationRep:
    Lifespan changes came up in June 2010 :P Zeitgebers and Infradian are the ones that have never come up yet
    I meant as in a essay question hoping for exogenous to come up!

ReputationRep:
    I meant as in a essay question hoping for exogenous to come up!
    Ah, well that sucks. I don't want to do a Lifespan Changes essay. Poo.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, well that sucks. I don't want to do a Lifespan Changes essay. Poo.
    i know there's nothing to talk about! pointless part of the syllabus

ReputationRep:
    i know there's nothing to talk about! pointless part of the syllabus
    I just don't like the Biological Rhythms topic at all :/ There's so much more difficult content to learn in a lot more sub-topics, causes me brain-pain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darklight*)
    yep, i'm doing relationships too! My teacher and a few others have also said Maintenance could come up, but remember it's AQA and they're very very unpredictable.

What other topics are you doing?
    I'm doing aggression and sleep/bio rhythms! Ahh I didn't know aqa were unpredictable, I was planning to learn predictions only, crap! Late night cramming for me! What are you doing?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.