Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Schizophrenia Past paper questions:-

Jan 2010- Outline and evaluate two or more therapies used in the treatment of schizophrenia (9+16)

June 2010- Discuss issues surrounding the classification and diagnosis of schizophrenia (9+16)

Jan 2011- Outline clinical characteristics of schizophrenia (5)
    Outline one psychological explanation of schizophrenia (4)
    Evaluate psychological explanations of schizophrenia (16)

June 2011- Discuss biological explanations of schizophrenia (9+16)

Jan 2012- Discuss issues associated with the classification and/or diagnosis pf schizophrenia (8+16)

June 2012- Outline and evaluate one biological therapy for schizophrenia and one psychological therapy for schizophrenia (8+16)

Jan 2013- Outline one psychological therapy of schizophrenia (12)
    Outline one biological therapy of schizophrenia (12)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwonder<3)
    I would love biological explanations, even better if it was two questions, one on biological and the other on psychological explanations.
    Fingers crossed that explanations come up this year. I don't trust AQA anymore after they repeated the same questions from June 2012 in January!

ReputationRep:
    What other topic are you doing alongside schizophrenia? I'm doing addictive behaviour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missemma1)
    What other topic are you doing alongside schizophrenia? I'm doing addictive behaviour
    Aqa are really repetitive!! In English lit everyone was expecting prose to come up but they done poems again when prose hasn't come up since 2011!!

I'm doing addiction and research methods. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    nice question for aggression and gender this year.
    cultural differences for relationships was a toughie imo. i wrote about arranged marriages but was stumped otherwise. eek lol

ReputationRep:
    well happy i predicted everyhting that came up yaay (learnt like 6 essays in total out of 18)

ReputationRep:
    Correctly predicted what would come up, with the exception of the group displays question (but that was only 4marks).
    Think I spent too long on Aggression, did alright on Relationships, but I ran out of time and had to bulletpoint all of Sleep. :|

ReputationRep:
    That exam went pretty well! How did everyone else find it? And what did anyone write for cultural differences in relationships?

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad a paper, so glad group displays wasn't a 24 mark because that would have been impossible for me! How did you guys find it?

ReputationRep:
    I winged the question on sleep (only talking about jet lag) do you think il lose marks for not talking about shift work? It didn't specify to though.
    The aggression question was great! But I didn't answer group displays as knew nothing for it.
    But I only talked about psychological explanations of anorexia and ran out of time so probably less than half marks on that one :/.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The aggression questions were brilliant! I got a bit confused on my psychological explanations of an eating disorder though. But other than that the gender question was also really good! Hopefully the grade boundaries will stay low.

ReputationRep:
    Well, VERY happy with the relationships questions, my predictions were spot on Struggled a bit with Eating and Sleep, but hey-ho I wrote more of better quality (I think) than I did in January, so that can only mean I did better right, and that's the point of a re-sit :P

ReputationRep:
    I found this paper good but so did everyone else. Still think grade boundaries will be as low as they usually are?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted relationships spot on!!

ReputationRep:
    So glad that's over.

ReputationRep:
    phewww predictions were right, thank you lordy. Makes me worry about grade boundaries being raised!

ReputationRep:
    I'm slightly concerned grade boundaries will be higher, but if they are going to be it won't be a huge difference. Although everyone on this forum found it okay, it's only a handful off people so perhaps everyone else found it harder we just don't know.. I was the only one in my class that got on ok.. So who knows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missemma1)

I do Schizophrenia too, Just noticed Issues of reliability and diagnosis has never come up as a past paper question!

ReputationRep:
    Any one have a good idea of what's going to come up in media

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Release)
    ROFLMAO same position as you haha, i just started now at 12:30am going bed at 1am and going to crap like hell then i have an exam day and and day after that at 9 NAW!
    Ahh I have an exam tomorrow at 9 and another two on wed

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.