Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megangompels)
    what are peoples predictions for schizophrenia and anomalistic ?
    Hi looked at past papers from Jan10 to Jan13 for SZ I think:

Classification and diagnosis of Sz and
    Therapies for Sz may come up as there have been questions on explanations for SZ asked 4 times already.

ReputationRep:
    Therapies came up in January (I know cuz i did the paper) and it came up in june 2012 too so it's deffo not coming up again

ReputationRep:
    As in therapies for SZ came up in Jan 2013 and June 2012

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have good notes for research methods for A2 they can put up here? That would be ever so greatful! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    could someone just help me and actually explain the difference between reliability and validity issues for schizophrenia?? :\

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any predictions for Addiction? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions on Schizophrenia and Addiction? THANKS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N_Y_H)
    Therapies came up in January (I know cuz i did the paper) and it came up in june 2012 too so it's deffo not coming up again
    I agree, i'm not going to bother learning that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beau_JF)
    Hey, to anyone else studying addiction for PSYA4, seeing as Theory of Reasoned Action isn't in the specification anymore and there's nowhere near enough information on the Theory of Planned Behaviour to write a 24 mark essay on, how are you revising for it?! Are we allowed to basically outline the TRA and then just add in the perceived behavioural control bit to make it into the TPB? I'm so confused, it just seems to be much too small of a topic for a 24 mark question but I don't want to risk not knowing it :/
    TPB is under addiction and the addiction section is usually spilt up into 4/5 parts so if it it comes up it may be a 10 or something. It's not to say they can't do a 24 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fhs2013)
    could someone just help me and actually explain the difference between reliability and validity issues for schizophrenia?? :\
    Reliability is about whether the diagnosis is consistent, so do two different people both think that the patient has schizophrenia?
    I'd talk about inter-rater reliability and test re-test

For validity I'd talk about co-morbid issues and how that makes diagnosis and treatment difficult and the fact schizophrenia has very little predictive validity

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hey, to anyone else studying addiction for PSYA4, seeing as Theory of Reasoned Action isn't in the specification anymore and there's nowhere near enough information on the Theory of Planned Behaviour to write a 24 mark essay on, how are you revising for it?! Are we allowed to basically outline the TRA and then just add in the perceived behavioural control bit to make it into the TPB? I'm so confused, it just seems to be much too small of a topic for a 24 mark question but I don't want to risk not knowing it :/
    Only talk about TPB as TRA isnt on the specification so you wont get any marks for it
    It's highly unlikely that a 24 marker will come up, addiction usually does mini-essays

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing schizophrenia and addiction, and only just about to start revision for it - had to revise for loads of other exams :/
    So any predictions for either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluedate)
    I'm going schizophrenia and addiction, and only just about to start revision for it - had to revise for loads of other exams :/
    So any predictions for either?
    It think for schizophrenia its likely to be an explanation, Jan 2013 and June 12 were both therapies and classification came up in Jan 2012

ReputationRep:
    For research methods, what is theory construction and what is hypothesis testing?? Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaii_Smith)
    Only talk about TPB as TRA isnt on the specification so you wont get any marks for it
    It's highly unlikely that a 24 marker will come up, addiction usually does mini-essays
    Thank you! I'm really hoping we don't get a big question on TPB, there just doesn't seem to be enough about it in the books!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! wish you the best of luck with this exam

(Original post by ColourDog)
    I'm doing media and hate it to I completely failed the media section in January.... Haha!
    All I have note wise ATM for video games (not gne over yet) is this:

Prosocial Behaviour and Games
    1. Gentile et al-increases in short and long term, over 3—4 months, using 3 studies and 3 age groups, 2009
    2. Obesity-the Wii burns calories but 4x less than real exercise but builds confidence
    3. MSN-88% teens do because it is a buffer from shyness and adolescent stressors

Antisocial behaviour and Games (Anderson)
    1. Experimental-arousal (bp, heart rate), hostile feelings (self-report measures) and aggressive behaviour (white noise, hostility scale) measured with slow-paced puzzle and first-person shooter
    2. Correlation-600 teenagers have more aggressive feelings, teacher arguments and physically fights with more games, regardless of personality type
    3. Longitudinal-430 7—9 year olds do 2 surveys in a year and were rated by their selves, peers and teachers (more exposure means more verbal and physical aggression)
    4. Meta-Analysis-link between games and aggression

It doesn't make much sense to me at the mo... So good luck :L

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm really hoping we don't get a big question on TPB, there just doesn't seem to be enough about it in the books!
    I know what you mean but will seriously surprised if they do
    Think the most you will get is 12 marker Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    So what does everyone think the other questions for addictions could be apart from TPB?

ReputationRep:
    really scared for this exam i feel like i know nothing in research methods or addictions :'((((((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wizkidani)
    Same topics as me :}
    PREDICTIONS
    Depression --> therapies
    Addiction --> theory of planned behaviour
    RM --> no idea, sorry D:

here's the grade boundarieshttp://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...OUND-JAN13.PDF

To get an A you need 53/83 aprox
    if you ace depression + addictions you only get 24+24 so 48 (and that's if you ace them). But if you do research methods and one of them and ace them then yes. But that's very difficult to do :P
    So try and do well in 2 but then do a bit for the third topic too
    Hope that helps :P
    Cheers mate. Which therapies are likely to appear - Biological or psychological? Any other predictions on questions for Addiction? Cheers

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.