Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know whether we have to know validating new knowledge for research methods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanishovenfork)
    Cheers mate. Which therapies are likely to appear - Biological or psychological? Any other predictions on questions for Addiction? Cheers
    I think psychological therapies and erm for the model question in addiction maybe the biological model and maybe public health too?
    No problem ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fhs2013)
    really scared for this exam i feel like i know nothing in research methods or addictions :'((((((
    Same, they're my weakest points D: Depression is slightly easier!

ReputationRep:
    What do people think will come up for schizophrenia? Anyone know what came up in January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matty_coops)
    What do people think will come up for schizophrenia? Anyone know what came up in January?
    Both bio and psycho therapies came up personally i think psychological explanations or maybe biological

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lalison94)
    Both bio and psycho therapies came up personally i think psychological explanations or maybe biological
    Thanks! I wouldn't mind biological or psychological explanations being the question. Or classification of schizo. Don't mean to be a pain but do you know what came up for media in the January paper?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I wouldn't mind biological or psychological explanations being the question. Or classification of schizo. Don't mean to be a pain but do you know what came up for media in the January paper?
    Same here! The explanantions seem the easiest to answer and remember really
    I'm really sorry but i don't know :/, i do anomalistic instead you see.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys On the other thread for this exam I have posted some media and schizophrenia essays I have done in the past for anyone to have a look at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eelnais)
    Hey guys On the other thread for this exam I have posted some media and schizophrenia essays I have done in the past for anyone to have a look at.
    What is the link for that thread? Or could you put them on this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, would anyone be able to tell me exactly what we need to know for research methods? I'm a bit confused!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebreakfastclub)
    Hey, would anyone be able to tell me exactly what we need to know for research methods? I'm a bit confused!
    see page 14: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...80-W-SP-12.PDF

ReputationRep:
    who thinks aqa would have the same essay question three times in a row for schizophrenia? i dont know whether i should bother remembering studies and evaluation for it

ReputationRep:
    hey what are peoples predictions for schizophrenia and anomalistic?

ReputationRep:
    What is the link for that thread? Or could you put them on this thread?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post43163201

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone got any predictions as to what essay will come up for schizophrenia?! Absolutely bricking it for this exam!!!

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for

Phobic disorders
    Addiction

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for Media
    Discuss one or more explanations of media influence on anti-social behaviour
    For the middle question on the effectiveness of television in persuasion or video games
    then Discuss one or more social psychological explanations of the attraction of celebrity ?

What do you guys think? what other predictions have people got?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i self teach psychology as well as my other 3 a levels.
    i haven't finished learning the schizophrenia topic and running out of time.
    if any body has any essay examples for biological and psychological treatments of schizophrenia, i would be very grateful!!!

thank you x

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help please i really would like to know any predictions for anomalistic psychology??? i am guessing schizophrenia is going to be on psychological explanation what do people think?

Would really apreciate any suggestions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristy-jade)
    can anyone help please i really would like to know any predictions for anomalistic psychology??? i am guessing schizophrenia is going to be on psychological explanation what do people think?

Would really apreciate any suggestions
    I've noticed that they ask questions on explanations (coincidence/probability/superstition/magical thinking/personality) EVERY year, sometimes more than once. But haven't asked about the study of anomalous experience(ganzfeld/pk/pseudoscience) or research in to exceptional experience (NDE/OOBE/psychicmediumship/healing) as much...
    They haven't asked any questions on psychic healing specifically or near death experience alone yet so that is definitely a possibility. Anomalistic is so difficult to guess for... they seem to throw in quite a few questions which can be beneficial for those of us that are doing it. I know I'm babbling on so I'll stop lol hope this has been even a little helpful.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.