Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Got an A overall. 88 in unit 3 and 83 in unit 4. I was aiming for an A*, but given that I vomited 8 times during my exam, I think i've done pretty darn well!

Hope everyone got what they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in psya4 was so shocked! Got an A in psya1, then Cs in PSYA2/3 so averaged out at a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat-lover)
    I got an A* overall. :eek: 100 ums in unit 3 and 90 ums in unit 4. I had food poisoning on the day of unit 3 so maybe the special consideration helped me get 100 ums, hahaha. I'm so happy!
    Almost the same UMS as me! I got an A* overall, with 100 UMS in PSYA3 and 83 in PSYA4. I was beyond pleased, especially considering that PSYA4 was a resit from January that I got a D in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annemariemoore)
    Almost the same UMS as me! I got an A* overall, with 100 UMS in PSYA3 and 83 in PSYA4. I was beyond pleased, especially considering that PSYA4 was a resit from January that I got a D in.
    Yay!! That is a big jump in PSYA4, well done!

ReputationRep:
    Yay!! That is a big jump in PSYA4, well done!
    Thank you! But well done to you, getting 190/200 at A2 is phenomenal, so congrats to you! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! But well done to you, getting 190/200 at A2 is phenomenal, so congrats to you! :grin:
    You're welcome! And thank you so much. I was really surprised when I saw my ums. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome! And thank you so much. I was really surprised when I saw my ums. :eek:
    Me too! As soon as I got my results, my mum asked what I had got, but I told her I was confused and that I must have the wrong results, haha. She was congratulating me and I was just standing there going, "that can't be right." :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Me too! As soon as I got my results, my mum asked what I had got, but I told her I was confused and that I must have the wrong results, haha. She was congratulating me and I was just standing there going, "that can't be right." :lol:
    Hahahaha, I know that feel! I was expecting the worst so seeing an A* confused me too. Are you going to university this year or are you on a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in psya4 83/100. I got a B in psya3 70/100 ums. I sent the unit 3 paper for remarking as I just need 1 extra mark in each of the 3 essays to get an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    Got a U in PSYA3 in January, resat it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, I know that feel! I was expecting the worst so seeing an A* confused me too. Are you going to university this year or are you on a gap year?
    Oh, me too! I just wanted a B, so an A* was like the best present ever! I am off to Nottingham this year to study Ancient History and Archaeology, what about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, me too! I just wanted a B, so an A* was like the best present ever! I am off to Nottingham this year to study Ancient History and Archaeology, what about yourself?
    Well done! I wanted to apply for Medicine last year but I had a lot of trouble finding work experience and voluntary work so I decided to take a gap year instead. It didn't feel right applying when I had such little experience as there's always a chance a course might not be right for you, despite your gut telling you it is. I did manage to get more experience and now I'm 100% sure so I'm applying this September.

ReputationRep:
    Got an A overall... 100/100 UMS in PSYA4. not doing psychology at uni but really pleased (and glad that psychology A level is over )

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I wanted to apply for Medicine last year but I had a lot of trouble finding work experience and voluntary work so I decided to take a gap year instead. It didn't feel right applying when I had such little experience as there's always a chance a course might not be right for you, despite your gut telling you it is. I did manage to get more experience and now I'm 100% sure so I'm applying this September.
    Oooh, well good luck! I'm sure with your grades you'll have no trouble finding a course!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, well good luck! I'm sure with your grades you'll have no trouble finding a course!
    Thank you! I'm definitely gonna need it.

ReputationRep:
    Got 90/100 on Psya3! Narrowly missed out on an A* by 2 marks! Got 88/100 in Psya4! At AS got 87/100 for Psya1 and 86/100 for Psya2! Still happy with the A which was my saving grace and got me into a uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* I needed just 70 UMS for an A overall, which was what I needed for university. I ended up with 67 UMS for Unit 4, and I've gone for a priority remark. Really hoping I can just squeeze in 3 extra marks, because my place at Bristol depends on this :/ What're my chances? I'm just glad psychology is not objective like Maths...

ReputationRep:
    Like seriously how did I get 38 in PSYA4??

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused with the marking in psya3/4 from June and I can't even get to my sixth form for like 20 days to sort it out AGHHHH

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 2 Ds for the first 2 units, now doing 3 and 4 for june. The highest I can get for this stupid subject is a C without retakes I think :indiff:
    And i'm not retaking because I can't stand this subject, it's too much stress and i revised and got Ds (but then again i think i lacked exam techniques even if i knew the content)
    ANY TIPS PLEASE? FOR THE EXAMS? FOR REVISING IN GENERAL? please i always avoid psychology revision it's so bad

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.