Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Failed driving test!!!! Arghhhh Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just failed my test and I'm fuming he was right but the fact the examiner has a reputation for being a hitler made it worst!!!!!

I feel like just giving up totally now and can't be bothered to do anything!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A guy I know took 6 attempts at theory and 7 attempts at the practical to pass. At least you're not him haha

ReputationRep:
    Was it your first test?

ReputationRep:
    My brother who'se 18 nearly 19 took his driving test 12 times... and he still hasnt passed and he started when he just turned 17 (i think)
    word of advice- if u hate the instructer change him!!!

I had the same thing! On hindsight, I'm glad I failed first time, feel it helped me to gain more confidence in driving, as you know exactly what you do wrong on the test. My brother failed 5 times and is now an excellent driver! Failing is annoying, but it is pretty much the norm, and you'll only become a better driver for it

ReputationRep:
    True that! My brother's failed 12 times! but now he's preparing for the 13th time and he feels really confident. the main reason he failed was because he's in Uni and he changed his instructor and place where he took the test each time he travelled back! (He's in London/Luton Im in Wales!)

ReputationRep:
    I failed 3 times, funnily enough, first time I made crucial mistakes, second time I did fine and should have passed, 3rd time I admit I was crap, 4th time when I passed I accidentally drove up the curb.

It's a bit of a lottery really, if you're female I heard it helps to flirt a bit, I know one girl that did and the instructor even let her choose her maneouvres

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

It was my first test yeah and I got:

21 faults including 6 majors!!! I only hear of people getting 1 or 2!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need a better instructor. Guy I had I know 4 people passed 1st time. While another girl I know who failed 4 times before I gave my guys number and and she passed her 5th. Ask people u know for a personal recommendation of some1. Forget these driving school bs they try and extort money. I only had 12 lessons with mine so get an independent thats been recommended.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it also depends where to your based too.

ReputationRep:
    Dont give up- despite what people will tell you it is very rare that people pass first time.

However- number of faults is a bit concerning. Suggest you leave it for a while, polish up on them and when you have your driving down to a T, re book your test.

Nerves don't help either- I find if you plan an event after your test, it takes your mind of the nerves.

Plus- think of the money you are saving!

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    6 Majors and 21 Minors is a LOT of faults. Get your skill and confidence up before trying again.

ReputationRep:
    Got to pick yourself up, go back out get some more practice and try again (:

I wouldn't necessarily just change driving instructors because you failed though, if theres a problem then maybe look at changing, but i know if i had of failed i would of definitely stuck with my driving instructor, i trusted him fully in teaching me before the test and so would still trust him just as much if i had to do it again. But if there is a problem maybe you could look at changing.

Did you instructor hear the de-brief? hopefully that will be a good starting point for what you need to improve on and practice.

I would just treat this test as a sort of practice, you now know the set-up of the test, what it's like etc, so hopefully you'll pass next time. Stay positive

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he is an independent one and a good one, I know people who have passed first time through him.

I think because it was in late afternoon I wasn't concentrating and just too eager to think I've passed, it was really silly things like:

Not looking when signalling
    Braking too harshly
    Incorrect speed
    Changing gear too early and going to low

Things that can be changed now I know of them, I am annoyed but at least I have done it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I passed first time like an absolute boss with 3 minors

Only proper crumps fail their driving test 1st time!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. Have a pint, try again. Such is life.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not an uptight old man who gets sick kicks out of failing people.

ReputationRep:
    Hi =]

I hope you're well Don't give up- I spent months and months learning and then I failed my test (hit a curb) and just gave up completely. Earlier this year I decided I wanted to try again and I was just so nervous and rusty. Book some more lessons, practice and then re-book when you feel ready and confident.

I wasn't ready for my test at all and I wish I had had a few more lessons. You can do it .

P.s: Yes six majors is a lot; but not as bad as my friend. She was in the car for ten minutes and the examiner basically told her to get out and walk because she was a danger to herself and everyone on the road (plus pedestrians).

xx

ReputationRep:
    dont give up, it took me 3 goes and god knows how much money in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baines3)
    I passed first time like an absolute boss with 3 minors

Only proper crumps fail their driving test 1st time!

Omg How uptight are you. How lame of you. Bit harsh dont you think mate? Passing first time!! - Dont wanna sound rude but that sounds harsh and inappropriate. its better if you dont pass first time cause you wont be aware of the fails and what you did wrong. In my opinion onto "crumps" pass first time. your just showing off. get a grip!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creat0r)
    I failed 3 times, funnily enough, first time I made crucial mistakes, second time I did fine and should have passed, 3rd time I admit I was crap, 4th time when I passed I accidentally drove up the curb.

It's a bit of a lottery really,if you're female I heard it helps to flirt a bit, I know one girl that did and the instructor even let her choose her maneouvres
    A proud day for women everywhere.

I've failed twice. The first time was the worst drive I'd ever had, knew I'd failed near enough right away. The second time I didn't exaggerate looking at my blind spot enough on the parallel park, annoying but at least I know how much you have to over exaggerate absolutely everything, be it mirror checks, blind spot checks or whatever.

For me I honestly don't care that loads of other people have passed, I'm better at other things than them, be it sport, school performance or whatever. I just feel bad for my parents as it's so god damn expensive, I think that's why I was so bloody nervous.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.